Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.
I have this stir bar and it works great. The vortex to the right was created with the help of this stir bar. See: The HBF Stir Plate Mounting-Thingy for more info.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Also available in single and 10 packs…
- SEOH Magnetic Stir Bar Plain PTFE 6 x 25mm Pack of 10
- SEOH Magnetic Stir Bar Plain PTFE 6 x 25mm New
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Inkbird Bluetooth Thermometer w/2 Probes – $26.34 w/instant coupon
- 100 Ft – 3/16″ ID Tubing – $11.68, 12 Cents/ft
- 24″ Stainless Steel Whisk [Extract, All Grain & Whirlpooling]
- CIP Spray Ball – $21.50 + Free Prime Ship