Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.
I have this stir bar and it works great. The vortex to the right was created with the help of this stir bar. See: The HBF Stir Plate Mounting-Thingy for more info.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Also available in single and 10 packs…
- SEOH Magnetic Stir Bar Plain PTFE 6 x 25mm Pack of 10
- SEOH Magnetic Stir Bar Plain PTFE 6 x 25mm New
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Pre-Wired 110 Volt AC Fan [Kegerator Recirculating Fan] – $15.29 w/Instant…
- 132 Gallon Per Hour Submersible Pump – $10.89 + Draft Line Cleaning Build
- Lavatools Thermowand Thermometer -$16.99 on Lightning Deals
- 5 Universal Poppets – $6.85 + Free Shipping
- 35 lb Capacity Digital Scale [Grain Scale] – $19.99 + Free Prime Ship