From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Equipped with 4 high precision sensors to give you accurate weight all the time; 5kg/11lb capacity, 0.01oz/1g division, Minimum measuring weight 3g-5g; Perfect for baking, cooking, postage and jewelry
- Stainless Steel Platform Design: Designed with a sleek stainless steel platform and anti-fingerprint technology for easy cleaning and maintenance
- User-Friendly: A precise TARE function can reset the current weight on the scales to zero, quick unit conversion, Volume Measurement Supported, violet backlit display and low battery indication
- Petite Design: No more fuss or clutter necessary; Made for easy storage and lightweight portability. Dimensions: 7.09 x 5.51 x 0.71 inches
- The scales switch off after 2 minutes of inactivity if you forget to turn them off or your hands are all gooey with food; Meet CE/ROHS certification; 2 x AAA batteries included;1 Year Warranty by Etekcity
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
Things I like about this scale… It uses easy to find AAA batteries [Search AmazonBasics Batteries]. It has the Tare Feature. That allows you to essentially zero out your container to get a true picture of the weight of the contents. I also like that it has a stainless top. Given the specs on this scale, it should work for grain, hops, other brewing ingredients and more.
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face
More: Recent Amazon Finds