From the product description: “The Vermont IPA strain from Giga has a strong, growing following if you search the web. The problem is the supply has not been able to keep up with demand. MoreBeer! worked with Giga to get all they could produce and was able to offer this product via mail order for the first time.”
Some Heady Topper clone recipes suggest this yeast. Although the official description doesn’t say this… many believe that this is the Conan strain of yeast.
This is a double pitch (200 Billion cells) pouch. Read more about that and this strain on the product page.
Idea: Brew MoreBeer’s Brewmaster Series Pliny the Elder Recipe [See: Brewing Pliny] and use GigaYeast Double Pitch Vermont IPA Yeast as your yeast or use this yeast with MoreBeer’s Heady Topper Clone Recipe – “Topped With Hops” available in both all grain and extract.
Recent More Beer [more]:
- Speidel Fermenters on Sale for HBF Readers! + Hands on Review
- 7 Gallon FerMonster Wide Mouth Fermenter – $24.99 + Speidel Sale
- Now Available: SS Brew Tech 14 Gallon Brew Bucket Stainless Conical Fermenter
- New from MoreBeer: Stainless Steel Low Profile Elbow for Sankey Taps
- MoreBeer Oxygenation System – $46.99 + Free Shipping, Limited Supply