13 gallon food safe containers via eBay. These are pre-used barrels. They were used to hold pharmaceuticals.
Possible Homebrew Uses – fermenters and grain storage: Drill a hole in the lid and add an airlock grommet [Search: Airlock Grommet – on Amazon] and you’re up and going with a 13 gallon fermenter. You could also use this as a food safe 13 gallon grain storage container. At an estimated 5 lbs per gallon, these would hold approximately 65 lbs of grain.
from HBF Reader Aaron: “I own one of these, they do have an o-ring and work great for storing grain or fermenting in.”
These generally cost $20 + $23 Shipping to most US addresses. The seller will combine shipping for multiple items (contact the seller for actual USPS charges). Or… if you live in or around Rancho Cucamonga, California you can arrange for local pickup. Search the seller’s offering’s below for current availability and check each product page for current price, shipping and description.
Search eBay Seller cecabu’s offerings for 13 gallon barrels
- Speidel Fermenters • Hands on Review
- Storage Options – Base Grain, Specialty Grain and DME
- Fermenters Tag
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- Ends Soon: Buy a ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 & Probe Cleaning Wipes… Ge…
- Brewing Storage: Muscle Rack Shelving Unit, 4,000 lb Capacity – $34.88 + f…
- 3 Pack Wide Mouth Fermenting Lids – Lightning Deal
- 18.5 Gallon Stainless Brewmaster Brewing Kettle – $144.99, Limited Supply
- Ends Today: Bell’s Clone Kit Sale – Amber Ale, Oberon, Hopslam and T…
- 4 Pack Craft Beer Glasses With Crown – Lightning Deal
- Lavatools CL1 Carbon LITE Wireless Bluetooth Thermometer – Lightning Deal