Infrared Temperature Gun with Laser Sight. Non-contact. LCD Display. Red laser pointer to aid in aiming. Auto power off. Temp hold. Reads in either F or C. Range -58 °F to 716.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Dual Scale Refractometer with ATC – $19.69, Best Price
- 120 mm x 120 mm Case Fan (DIY Stir Plate, Kegerator Circulation) – $2.99
- 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter System [Brewing Water] – $110.39 w/stacking…
- Inkbird ITC-308 Dual Stage Digital Temp Controller – $29.75 w/instant coup…
- Stainless Steel Glass Rinser Assembly – $77.99 + Free Shipping