Anywho... all that as background for the real reason for this post... letting you know that the 24" whisk that I've been recommending as a mash tun whisk is also amazing for stirring in extract.
After incorporating the LME in this recipe, like a super hero, with this whisk. I poured in the DME and Maltodextrin called for and let it sit there for a little bit. This, of course caused a substantial clump to form.
After a little bit of whisking
After a little more whisking
This whisk is amazing for working in liquid and dry extract. It made quick work of the task. I also felt like it really mixed the liquid extract up well. Versus, not being sure when mixing with a spoon. I also found it easier to create a whirlpool with this than with the spoon that I had been using. Add that to this thing's effectiveness as a mash tun whisk. This has been a Top Find and would be added to the Super Top Finds list if that list existed.Check out my hands on review Here.
Update International FW-24 Stainless Steel French Whip, 24-Inch
From the Feedback Page:
Jared 2/27/2013: After following your site for quite some time now, and purchasing many items because you let me know about them, I just received the 24" whisk. I can't believe how awesome this thing is just by pulling it out of the shipping package! I am so excited about this I might just have to brew this weekend even though I don't really have the time. Not only would this piece be awesome for the mash, but dissolving LME and DME and keep it off of the bottom. What a great piece of equipment and thanks for sharing it!
Aaron 2/14/2013: I have this exact same French Whip and love it, works way better than the old mash paddle I used before. It really cuts through the grain and helps ensure no dough balls etc. Definitely recommend this above any other stirring tools I've used!
More: Recent Finds, Amazon, Amazon Fillers, All Grain, Stirring, Mash Paddles, HBF Tested, Great Deals
More from Amazon:
- Great Deal: 3M Brand Commercial Scour Pads, 8 Pack - 86 Cents/Pad Shipped
- Double Hinged Waiter Style Corkscrew - Black - $1.95 Shipped!
- True Fabrications Professional Wood Corkscrew and Bottle Opener - $10.03
- Price Drop: Grain Scale - UltraShip 55 LB Scale - $29.88 Shipped
- Ball Wide Mouth Mason Jars - $13.67, Record Low
- Nesco Dehydrator (for hop drying) - $49.88 Shipped, Record Low
- Reader Tip: Food Grade, High Temp Pump - $36.99 Shipped
- 18" Commercial Grade Wood Paddle - $9.89
- 20 Gallon Heavy Weight Kettle - $100.34 Shipped, Record Low
- From Stove Top Extract to Outdoor All Grain
- CDN DTQ450X ProAccurate Quick-Read Thermometer - $15.95
- Brewery Organization: Mobile Organizer, 10 drawers - $34.83, Record Low
- Luigi Bormioli Beer Glass Assortment, Set of 4 - $28.21, Record Low Price
- Great Deal: AWS-600-BLK Precise Gram Scale - $6.49
- 20 Gallon Commercial Grade Kettle - $85.96 Shipped