Last night I brewed More Beer’s Zythos IPA Extract Kit. I don’t brew a lot of extract kits. I was brewing this one mainly… to drink. A secondary reason was to give More Beer’s Personal Home Brewery Kit #2 Deluxe Kit a try for a post I’m working on. That post will detail a first extract brew from start to finish.
Anywho… all that as background for the real reason for this post… letting you know that the 24″ whisk that I’ve been recommending as a mash tun whisk is also amazing for stirring in extract.
After incorporating the LME in this recipe, like a super hero, with this whisk. I poured in the DME and Maltodextrin called for and let it sit there for a little bit. This, of course caused a substantial clump to form.
After a little bit of whisking
After a little more whisking
This whisk is amazing for working in liquid and dry extract. It made quick work of the task. I also felt like it really mixed the liquid extract up well. Versus, not being sure when mixing with a spoon. I also found it easier to create a whirlpool with this than with the spoon that I had been using. Add that to this thing’s effectiveness as a mash tun whisk. This has been a Top Find and would be added to the Super Top Finds list if that list existed.
Check out my hands on review Here.
Update International FW-24 Stainless Steel French Whip, 24-Inch
From the Feedback Page:
Jared 2/27/2013: After following your site for quite some time now, and purchasing many items because you let me know about them, I just received the 24″ whisk. I can’t believe how awesome this thing is just by pulling it out of the shipping package! I am so excited about this I might just have to brew this weekend even though I don’t really have the time. Not only would this piece be awesome for the mash, but dissolving LME and DME and keep it off of the bottom. What a great piece of equipment and thanks for sharing it!
Aaron 2/14/2013: I have this exact same French Whip and love it, works way better than the old mash paddle I used before. It really cuts through the grain and helps ensure no dough balls etc. Definitely recommend this above any other stirring tools I’ve used!
More: Recent Finds, Amazon, Amazon Fillers, All Grain, Stirring, Mash Paddles, HBF Tested, Great Deals
More from Amazon:
- Great Deal: 3M Brand Commercial Scour Pads, 8 Pack - 86 Cents/Pad Shipped
- Double Hinged Waiter Style Corkscrew – Black - $1.95 Shipped!
- True Fabrications Professional Wood Corkscrew and Bottle Opener - $10.03
- Price Drop: Grain Scale – UltraShip 55 LB Scale - $29.88 Shipped
- Ball Wide Mouth Mason Jars - $13.67, Record Low
- Nesco Dehydrator (for hop drying) - $49.88 Shipped, Record Low
- Reader Tip: Food Grade, High Temp Pump - $36.99 Shipped
- 18″ Commercial Grade Wood Paddle - $9.89
- 20 Gallon Heavy Weight Kettle - $100.34 Shipped, Record Low
- From Stove Top Extract to Outdoor All Grain
- CDN DTQ450X ProAccurate Quick-Read Thermometer - $15.95
- Brewery Organization: Mobile Organizer, 10 drawers - $34.83, Record Low
- Luigi Bormioli Beer Glass Assortment, Set of 4 - $28.21, Record Low Price
- Great Deal: AWS-600-BLK Precise Gram Scale - $6.49
- 20 Gallon Commercial Grade Kettle - $85.96 Shipped