Two Roller Grain MillMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
This DY-168 Grain Mill is constructed using materials that will last a lifetime. Cold rolled steel for the rollers, and 6061 aluminum for body and hopper and oil impregnated brass bushings. The grain mill is professional in grinding barley, wheat and other cereals. It is provided with adjustable 2 rollers which can be crushed cereal well and peeled shell off perfectly, so as to be good for brewing beer in future. The 2 rollers design has the main advantage that it draws the grain better and gives improved throughput.
This equipment is perfect for large batches and high efficiency milling. With two rollers, all your grain will be crushed twice in one cycle. The crush is through the fixed gap between the top two rollers. The initial pass slightly flattens the grain, getting it ready for the next crush that breaks apart the grains and loosens the starch with minimal husk damage.
The aluminum hopper can hold up to 11 lbs of grains and the roller body features an alloy block frame that houses three steel rollers on oil-impregnated bronze bushings. The drive shaft and all axles are integral to the roller, which makes clockwise or counter-clockwise drive possible. A hand crank is included, but the mill can be easily motorized with a corded electric drill. You don’t need any additional attachments, just stick the drill on and go. Stainless knurled knobs allow a gap spacing adjustment range of 0.070″. Adjusting is simple – just loosen the adjustment screws, adjust the gap and tighten the adjustment screws.
Note You will need to supply or build a base to set the mill over a grain bin or 5 gallon bucket.
- Width and roller diameter is optimized for use with power drill
- Adjustable rollers at both ends to give uniform crush
- 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull grain through rollers while leaving hull intact to form an excellent filter bed for sparging
- 6″ long adjustable gap
- Fully adjustable mill
- 0.060″ fixed primary gap, 0-0.065″ fully-adjustable secondary gap
- Dual eccentric adjusters built from stainless steel for no galling
- 8 lbs / minute is average throughput
- 6″ x 1.5″ diameter stainless steel rollers
- Crankshaft can be turned clockwise or counterclockwise
- Durable alloy frame
- SAE 841 oil impregnated bronze bushings
- Heavy-duty 2-roller mill with adjustable secondary gap-spacing
- Integral drive shaft and axles
- Mill can be hand-cranked or motorized with a corded electric drill
- You will need to supply or build a base
As if this posting, this is eBay offering is selling for just $69.17. Shipping is also free to many US addresses. Prices, shipping and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a commission when you use our links. This will never cost you extra. Thank you for supporting Homebrew Finds!