Looking for that perfect gift for the Homebrewer or Craft Beer Lover in your life or… for yourself. Here’s some of our favorite gear!
Need Help? Got a question or looking for a particular gift for your loved one? Email me and I’ll do my best to help.
1. The New IPA: Scientific Guide to Hop Aroma and Flavor by Scott Janish – this new homebrew title was released in May of 2019. Recommended For: IPA lovers and analytical homebrewers.
2. The BrewSSSiphon Stainless Steel Siphon – Recommended For: homebrewers. This is more expensive than easy-to-break plastic auto-siphons. Maybe more than some homebrewers would generally spend. Perfect gift material, in my opinion. A high quality, long lasting and beautifully designed piece of gear that would be a treat for any homebrew loving recipient. Check out our Hands on Review to learn more.
3. Libbey Craft Brews Assorted Beer Glasses AND a book that talks about beer glasses… Craft Brews: The Right Glass for the Right Beer – Recommended For: craft beer lovers and homebrewers. An assortment of beer glasses that’s sure to please the beer lover in your life. If you choose to buy both the glasses and the book, the homebrewer in your life will get an education on glassware as a bonus.
4. Cheap Inline Regulators – via William’s Brewing | via MoreBeer – Recommended For: homebrewers or craft beer lovers that have a kegerator. This cheap little upgrade ads a big ole bunch of capability to your kegerator and more. Review – Dial in w/Spunding – Use for portable serving!5. Growlers – Recommended For: Any kegging homebrewer and/or craft beer lover that refills non-branded growlers at a local brewery. Recommended features: Stainless Steel Construction and Vacuum Insulation. Consider the Stanley Classic Growler [See: Hands On Review – Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Growler], also available as a gift pack with stacking pints. Search Amazon for “stainless steel insulated growler” for more ideas.6. DuoTight Fittings and EVABarrier Tubing! Recommended For: Kegerator owners and those putting together kegerators or keezers. As a long time kegging homebrewer, this is one of the most exciting products I came across in 2019. I think this system of fittings and tubing is a game-changer for draft tubing. You may need to reveal this gift ahead of time to get some input on what’s needed, or just grab a gift certificate and let them know you thought about this.
- DuoTight Push In Fittings & EVABarrier Double Wall Draft Tubing at MoreBeer!
- Kegland DuoTight Fittings and Accessories! at William’s Brewing
7. Intertap Forward Stainless Steel Forward Sealing Faucets – Recommended For: homebrewers or craft beer lovers that have a kegerator. Intertaps are awesome! Check out my Hands on Review of these great faucets.8. The Very Many Varieties of Beer – Recommended For: homebrewers and craft beer lovers with a home bar or beer room.9. Thermapen Mk4 by ThermoWorks – Hands on Review – Recommended For: All homebrewers, bbq-ers and home chefs – This latest iteration in beloved Thermapen series includes auto rotating display, backlight, uses (easy to find) AAA batteries and… waterproof. Add that to extremely quick response times and amazing accuracy and any homebrewer, bbq-er or home chef would love to have one of these. While you’re at it, hit us up for a coupon code and save some money.10. CDN DTQ450X – If you’d love to give or get a great thermometer but don’t quite have the budget for the Thermapen Mk4 consider the CDN DTQ450X. This is a great homebrewing thermometer! See: Hands On Review – CDN DTQ450X11. Brooklyn BrewShop Beer Making Kits – Recommended For: Someone who has expressed a general interest in trying to brew beer. If they have considered giving homebrewing a try whilst walking around Bed, Bath and Beyond, give this kit a try. The recipient will get nearly everything they need to start brewing all grain beers at a very reasonable price. A variety of options are available.12. Deluxe Homebrew Starter Kit from MoreBeer – Recommended For: Someone you know wants to start brewing. They have brewed with a friend or are otherwise sold on it.
This kit is one of the most complete on the market. It gets you nearly everything you need to start homebrewing including a kettle and ingredients. Just save up some pry off bottles and you’re off and homebrewing.
13. BrewBucket Stainless Steel Fermenter – Recommended For: A committed homebrewer that’s looking to move beyond buckets to a stainless conical style fermenter at a reasonable price. These are awesome fermenters! Check out our Hands on Review 14. Speidel Fermenters – Recommended For: All homebrewers. Ranging from 3.2 gallons all the way up to 132 gallons, these quality fermenters are packed with features and reasonably priced. See: Hands On Review – Speidel Fermenters
15. An ingredient kit from your loved one’s favorite local homebrew shop – Recommended For: People that hang out at their LHBS
Does the intended gift recipient spend time at your local Local Homebrew Shop (LHBS)? If so, swing in and ask the shop owner for advice. If they are spending a good bit of time there, odds are good the shop owner will have a good suggestion on an appropriate ingredient kit or piece of equipment.16. For the practical gift recipient! PBW and/or Star San – Recommended For: The person who wants socks for a gift. If your gift recipient is no nonsense and practical, this one’s for you. First… check to see if they use PBW Star San in the first place. If you notice a container lying around and they are a socks-for-a-gift person… bam. For PBW, get a least the 4 lb size or the 8 lb size if your budget allows. Avoid the 1 lb size. Generally speaking, that size isn’t a good value. 17. Craftsman Wrench Bottle Opener – Recommended For: Any person. This is tool quality bottle opener with a lifetime warranty.
18. 24″ Stainless Whisk – Recommended For: Any homebrewer that is making at least 5 gallon batches of beer. See: Hands On – 24″ Stainless Steel Whisk – Extract, All Grain and Whirlpooling
If the homebrewer in your life doesn’t walk around with one of these on brew day (and they make at least 5 gallons of beer at a time) I think they should. This upgrade has made a lot of difference for me. Check out my Hands on Review.19. Personalized Tap Handles, Labels, Coasters or Signs from GrogTag – Recommended For: Any homebrewer or craft beer lover. Homebrewer’s should like personalized labels, coasters and signs. Craft beer lovers would enjoy personalized metal signs and customized coasters. Save some cash… Hit up our coupon page to grab a current discount code for GrogTag.20. Yeast! William’s Brewing has a great selection of dried yeast at hard to beat prices. Recommended For: All homebrewers that use dry yeast. A great stocking stuffer! Store in your refrigerator until you give this gift.21. More Yeast! Lallemand New England East Coast American Ale Yeast – Recommended For: All homebrewers that use dry yeast. In my opinion, this is the hottest new yeast of 2019. This is the much anticipated dry version of the Conan strain. Label Peelers ships this for free to addresses in the contiguous US regardless of order size. A great stocking stuffer! Store in your refrigerator until you give this gift. 22. Hops! What homebrewer doesn’t want hops? Hops @ Adventures in Homebrewing, Bell’s General Store, MoreBeer, William’s Brewing – MoreBeer’s Hop Market is a good place to start when you’re hop shopping. When it’s open, it features rotating deep discounts on hops.23. “The Gift Basket of Homebrewing” – A complete Brew Day Box – Recommended For: All home brewers. For those of you that want to put a little more work into a gift. Consider putting together a complete assortment of tools to make your gift-givers brew day a little smoother.24. Stuff to Build a Spunding Valve – Recommended For: The DIY-er that kegs or ferments in kegs. Our Spunding Valve Build Post is one of our most popular posts of all times. When completed, this device is extremely versatile and helps with a number of tasks. You may earn some serious street cred when you give your handy homebrewer a box full of fittings.25. Or… a ready built Spunding Valve! If your homebrewer isn’t the DIY type or, is just plain busy, or just wants and awesome Spunding Valve, check out the BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve Complete Kit via MoreBeer. Check out my Hands on Review and learn more.26. Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer – Recommended For: Any homebrewer that wants to save time and frustration. This is one of my favorite pieces of homebrewing gear. I highly recommend it. Check out my Hands on Review.27. Cereal Killer Grain Mill – Recommended For: The all grain homebrewer that’s not yet milling their own grain. We regularly hear good things about this mill from it’s users. See: Hands on Review – Cereal Killer Grain Mill
Milling your own grain… 1. Gives you control over the crush of your grain. That’s a big factor in efficiency. 2. A mill allows you to fine tune for your equipment and process. You know what the crush is going to be since you set it. 3. A mill allows you to save money by buying whole bags of grain at a discount, and 3. The shelf life of unmilled grain is longer than pre-milled grain. Freshly milled grain = better tasting beer.28. Inkbird WiFi Temp Controller! This is a Wi-Fi version of Inkbird’s very popular ITC-308. Dual Stage Digital Temperature Controller – Recommended For: Those who are putting together a temperature controlled fermentation chamber OR a kegerator. See: Hands On Review – Inkbird ITC-308 Dual Stage Temperature Controller – includes sections on both the original ITC-308 and the new Wi-Fi version.29. Pliny the Elder Recipe Kit! Brew one of the most popular beers in America using a recipe from the creator. Available in extract and all grain versions. Extract is a safe bet, check with your intended recipient before picking up the more advanced all grain version.30. Kegs, kegs and more kegs! Pictured: Brand New 5 Gallon Ball Lock from Adventures in Homebrew + Check out our Recent Keg Finds – Recommended For: Kegging homebrewers that are short on kegs. Pay special attention to whether they are looking for “ball lock” or “pin lock” style kegs. Many homebrewers use one type or the other.31. Stainless Steel Dry Hopper Filter – Recommended For: Kegging homebrewers. These allow you to add hops directly to kegged beer.
32. Gift Certificates and Cards – Recommended For: A homebrewer, prospective homebrewer or craft beer lover.
- Austin Homebrew Supply
- Adventures in Homebrewing
- Bell’s General Store – wide selection of homebrew items + Bell’s Branded gear
- Great Fermentations
- William’s Brewing
- Amazon – Many homebrewing and craft beer related items are available here. Electronic Delivery is also available for last minute gifts
34. Cannular Bench Top Can Seamer! Recommended For: Homebrewers that want to take their packaging to the next level. Never before has a small batch homebrew scale canner been so accessible or affordable. If the homebrewer in your life has has been dreaming of canning their homebrew, gift giving time is a great time to splurge on this setup. Also: GrogTag has professionally printed beer can labels.
35. Stocking Stuffers/Small Gifts for Homebrewers and Beer Lovers!
- Pictured: Leatherman – Micra, Keychain Size Multitool, Stainless Steel – 10 tools including bottle opener
- Nite Ize Stainless Steel DoohicKey Multi-Tool
- Spyderco ClipiTool – stainless steel opener, screwdriver and pocket knife
- Nite Ize SBO-03-11 S-Biner Ahhh Carabiner Clip Bottle Opener
- Used Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Staves – used whiskey barrels are hugely popular with homebrewers. They’re also expensive and hard to find in stock. These staves are a bargain and would make a very cool stocking stuffer and give you mad street cred with the homebrewer in your life. Plan on putting this in a bag, if you’re going to put them in a stocking.
- Cheap Inline Regulators – via William’s Brewing | via MoreBeer – mentioned previously in this guide
- Yeast! – keep cold until gift giving time
- Hops! What homebrewer doesn’t want hops? Hops @ Adventures in Homebrewing, Bell’s General Store, MoreBeer, William’s Brewing – MoreBeer’s Hop Market is a good place to start when you’re hop shopping. When it’s open, it features rotating deep discounts on hops.
- A favorite craft beer
- Faucet Plugs – for kegerator owners
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- 1 lb CITRA Whole Cone Hops – $21.99 + free shipping
- Gile House Brew Supply EZ Transfer Pump Connection Kit w/Silicone Hose and Stain…
- Buy a Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer – Get a FREE $25 Gift Card + FREE Ship…
- The Comic Book Story of Beer Kindle Edition – $4.99
- Last Call, Ends Tonight: Extra 13% Off Adventures in Homebrewing + Stacking Sale…
- Last Call, Ends Tonight: William’s Brewing: Sales On: Mark’s Keg …
- 300 Micron Stainless Steel Keg Dry Hop Filter – $9.35 + free shipping