CIP (Clean in Place) Spray Balls are generally used for vessels that are too large to move. Since they’re too large to move you… clean them in place. If you have a larger setup, you could incorporate these into your system or routine to help clean your vessels more easily.
There are a couple of main styles of CIP spray balls stationary and rotary. Note that if you’re going to try and use this for sparging, you may want to use the fixed spray version as Sam did. You’re probably not going to get enough pressure with gravity alone to turn the rotary version.
- 0.5″ SUS304 Female 360 Degree Fix Spray Ball Stainless Tank Cleaning Ball – What are Other’s Saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “brew” – affiliate link, note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
- QiiMii Stainless Rotary Spray Ball Female CIP Tank Cleaning Ball 1/2″(1/2 INCH) What are Other’s Saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “brew” – affiliate link, note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
- Search Amazon for “1/2” stainless cip spray ball
- CIP Spray Balls at ProFlow Dynamics
HBF Reader Sam uses this spray ball as part of his sparging setup. See photo above.
Sam Says… “I recently purchased a fixed spray ball – my original intent was to use it for a keg / carboy cleaner but have been playing with it in my mash re-circulation set-up. I screwed a spare male quick disconnect into the spray ball and held it in position over the tun. It worked so well that I am considering drilling a hole in the lid of my cooler and using it there permanently. Here’s a picture of it in action last Saturday.”
I use this rotary spray ball with my Mark II Keg and Carboy Cleaner. See: Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer Mod – SS CIP Spray Ball – for more info including a video of the spray ball in action,
Of course, you could also install these in larger vessels for Clean in Place/CIP Cleaning.
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
- Let’s be Friends!
10 Most Recent Homebrew Resource Posts & How-To’s!
We are Homebrew Review HQ! Our 10 Most Recent Reviews
This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a commission when you use our links. This will never cost you extra. Thank you for supporting Homebrew Finds!
This is a Top Post! See: All Top Posts
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. toppost:sprayballs tag:tpr