Pin Lock Keg (Used) – 5 gallon via Adventures in HomebrewingMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Pin lock kegs are 5 gallon stainless steel kegs. They utilize pins on the air and liquid posts to lock the disconnects in place. All kegs are pressure tested and work. Since they are used, the outside of a keg may have minor dings and scratches.
Pin lock kegs require pin lock disconnects. Ball lock disconnects are not compatible. Pin lock kegs do not have pressure release valves. The air post poppet can be depressed to relieve pressure.
It is a good idea to have a spare set of replacement o-rings always on hand, with some keg o-ring lubricant. Lubricating the o-rings will help to make them last longer, but eventually they will become brittle and have to be replaced.
Dimensions: 22.25″ tall x 9.25″ diameter (56.5 cm x 23.5 cm).
It’s my guess that bulk used pin lock availability has become a real issue. See: Are Used Kegs Running Out??
If you’re a pin lock user, I would suggest stocking up on kegs sooner rather than later.
AIH has single pin locks for $59.99. The four pack is selling for $219.99. Ball lock kegs have recently gone up at AIH, pin locks haven’t yet.
AIH is discounting select kegs and kegging gear by 20% when you use coupon code SUPER20. As of this posting, these are included in the mix.
- Pin Lock Keg (Used) – 5 gallon – shipping sweet spot, for me, is 3 kegs, see below
- Set of Four 5 Gallon Kegs, Pin Lock (Used)
Shipping Sweet Spot….
For these kegs, shipping is calculated based on where you live. For me the shipping sweet spot is three kegs.
- 1 keg – $16.97, $16.97 per keg shipping
- 2 kegs – $18.61, $9.31 per keg shipping
- 3 kegs, $21.26, $7.09 per keg shipping
- 4 kegs – $60.41, $15.10 per keg shipping (per keg shipping costs go up!)
The shipping costs included here are for me. This will vary based on location.
Pin Lock Keg Pricing & Availability…
There’s been a real reversal in used keg pricing. For example, see MoreBeer’s Pin Lock Offering. I’m guessing this is related to availability. New pin lock kegs are not coming into the homebrewing market and I believe we’re finally hitting an availability wall that’s driving up price. I’m guessing sales like this will become fewer and far between as supply continues to dwindle. If you like pin locks, I think now is the time to buy
More Pin Lock Offerings
- Pin Lock Keg (Used) – 5 gallon – at Adventures in Homebrewing
- Set of Four 5 Gallon Kegs, Pin Lock (Used) – at Adventures in Homebrewing
- Pin Lock Keg (Used) – 5 gallon – at Austin Homebrew Supply
- Set of Four 5 Gallon Pin Lock Kegs (USED) – at Austin Homebrew Supply
- Used 5 Gal. Pin Lock Kegs KEG432 – at MoreBeer
- ***SPECIAL*** Tall Pin Lock “Coke Style” Cornelius Keg – or Firestone, 5 Gallon, for Homebrew/Soda | CLEANED – note that these are 1″ taller than standard pin locks
- Pin Lock “Coke Style” Cornelius Keg – or Firestone, 5 Gallon, for Homebrew/Soda, Used | CLEANED
Pin Lock vs Ball Lock
Pin Lock O-Rings
Rebuild Your Keg
Our Top Draft Resources More: Recent AIH Finds Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. tag:aihperoff tag:aihpls tag:itsapageaih
More: Recent AIH Finds
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. tag:aihperoff tag:aihpls tag:itsapageaih