Nubee NUB8550H Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer
Nubee NUB8550H Digital Infrared Thermometer -58°F~ 1022°F (-50°C ~ 550°C) with Adjustable Emissivity & Max Display Non-Contact Temperature Gun with LaserMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- VARIOUS USAGES: Can be used to serve a wide, use it for kitchen cooking and barbecuing, check your car maintenance, cooling system, real estate, engineering , checking mechanical or electrical equipment for temperature and hot spots, checking heater or oven temperature and more.
- ACCURATE and SAFE: Measures Range from -58°F～1022°F/ -50°C～550°C; Accuracy ±1.5% or 1.5°C; Has a distance to Spot Ratio is 12:1, it measures an approximately one-inch-diameter spot when it’s 12 inches from the target.
- ADDED FUNCTION: Max temperature function (it can take the highest temperature of the area tested by scanning and save the data at the bottom of the screen) EMS adjustable function(each article has its suitable emissivity, the adjustable emissivity function can make the test more accurate by adjust suitable emissivity for different articles).
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES: Backlight LCD, allows temperature measurement in the dark. An automatic-off function aimed to extend battery life. Added a low battery indicator, never run out of battery in all a sudden. Data hold and one button simple switch between °C and °F.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: All sales come with 90-day return refund guarantee, 10-year warranty and lifetime supported by Nubee; FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS approved; Warning: Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct
What are others saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “homebrew” – may include reviews for other sizes or variations
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for a conventional thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermentation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a great conventional thermometer consider Thermapen ONE – Hands on Review
Nubee NUB8550H Digital Infrared Thermometer -58°F~ 1022°F (-50°C ~ 550°C) with Adjustable Emissivity & Max Display Non-Contact Temperature Gun with Laser Thermometer for Cooking Meat Kitchen Refrigerator Pool Oven, Orange and Black – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link