Inkbird Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer, w/Laser Guide
Inkbird Non-Contact Infrared ThermometerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- 💛💛High Accuracy: The Distance to Spot Ratio is 12:1 and the built-in laser helps to position an exact area of the target object. The best distance between the laser temperature measuring gun and the object is 14.17 inches (36 cm).
- 💛💛Adjustable Emissivity: The adjustable emissivity range of the temp gun is 0.1-1.0, The accuracy is as high as ±2%,which allows adjusting the emissivity according to different materials for the most accurate area measurement.
- 💛💛Multiple Applications: -26℉~1122℉ wide measurement range, Infrared technology support to measure the surface temperature of various objects; Used for BBQ, Cooking, refrigerator, automobiles, etc.
- 💛💛Convenient Use:Backlit LCD screen, support screen auto-off, MAX / HOLD data function; unit switch ℉/℃; Temperature alarm and key tone on/off, Low battery indicator, and 18-second automatic shutdown function (battery included).
- 💛💛Warning: The infrared thermometer cannot measure the internal temperature of the object. The measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct Do not irradiate human eyes directly or indirectly with infrared rays at any time.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for a conventional thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermentation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a great conventional thermometer consider Thermapen ONE – Hands on Review
INKBIRDPLUS Infrared Thermometer for Cooking INK-IFT04 Laser Thermometer with LCD Color Display -26~1112℉, Adjustable Emissivity for Cooking, Pizza Oven, Meat, Barbecue Grill, Freezer, Industry – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link