For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Looking a deal on a homebrew refractometer? These are our most recently featured deals on refractometers and related items. This list may be blank if we’re not currently tracking anything. Note: Availability, price and shipping costs can change quickly. Check each product or sale page to get up to the minute information.
Recent Refractometer Deals:
- Brix Refractometer w/ATC by GoerTek – $12.99 + free prime ship
- (100) 3ml Transfer Pipettes [Refractometer & pH Samples, measuring Star San…
- Dual Scale Refractometer 0-32% Brix & Specific Gravity + ATC – $15.99…
- RSG-100ATC Dual Scale Refractometer w/ATC – $13.99
- Vee Gee Deluxe Refractometer – $129.99, Save $20 + free shipping, limited …
- Foot Long! 100 x ~12″ (300 mm) Sample Pipettes [fermenter samples & …
- Hands on Review: Milwaukee MA871 Digital Refractometer + Great Deal
- Hands on Review: Milwaukee MA871 Digital Refractometer + A Great Deal
- Dual Scale Brix and Gravity Refractometer with ATC – $16.73 + Free Shippin…
- MoreBeer Dual Scale Refractometer – w/ATC & Corrected, Non-Linear Sca…
Resource Pages and Reviews:
- Yeast Starters & Fermentation
- Inkbird Dual Stage Temp Controller
- Maintaining Fermentation Temps in Colder Weather
- Hands on Review: Milwaukee MA871 Digital Refractometer
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!