IRIS Airtight Storage Container [~68 lb Grain Capacity]
IRIS airtight storage container. Airtight seal. Made of BPA free material. Wide opening for easy access. Includes wheels/casters. Translucent sides so you can see contents.More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Premium airtight plastic food container features an airtight seal and snap lock latch to keep moisture, humidity and pests out.
- Airtight storage bins are tapered so they’re easy to clean and scoop food from.
- Airtight containers for food hold up to 45 pounds of dry pet food.
- BPA free rolling dry food storage bin includes casters for easy mobility.
- Dimensions (LxWxH)-Entire Unit- 18.5 x 13.6 x 22.9 Inches. Inside- 15.75 x 12.25 x 19 Inches
The 42 model has a stated capacity of… 42 lbs. That’s an estimate for pet food. According to specs on the manufacture’s website model #300662 has a capacity of 55 quarts. 55 quarts = 13.75 gallons. My rule of thumb for unmilled grain storage is 5 lbs per gallon. At that rate this would hold about 68.75 lbs of grain. That’s a rough estimate, actual storage capacity will vary.
What are others saying? Search this container’s Amazon reviews for “malt” – may include reviews for other sizes or variations
IRIS Premium Airtight Pet Food Storage Containers – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Also: Storage Options – Base Grain, Specialty Grain and DME
I ordered the above 55lb airtight container from amazon and when it arrived it was clear that it was not airtight at all. The lid weighs nothing and the clamping handle doesn’t cinch the lid down at all. In order for this thing to be anywhere close to airtight you would have to put something heavy on the lid.
The vittle vault is a much more airtight container if you are worried about that sort of thing.