Pictured: Keg King Mark II Wort Pump via William’s Brewing
Looking for a deal on a homebrew pump? These are our most recently featured pump (and related) deals. This list may be blank if we’re not currently tracking anything. Note: Availability, price and shipping costs can change quickly. Check each product or sale page to get up to the minute information.
Recent Pump Deals and Finds [more]:
- YalePro Pump, Stainless Head – $79 + Free Shipping
- Install a Priming and Purging Port for Easy Homebrew Pump Operation
- DCT Foot Operated On Off Switch Foot Pedal Switch [Pump Operation] – $21.…
- Kegland Mark II 25 Watt Wort Pump – $59.99 + Get a Free Beerdana
- bayite Hot Water Circulation Pump – $26.50 + Free Shipping + What are Othe…
- Build a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump
- MKII High Temp Magnetic Brewing Beer Pump – $59.99 + free shipping
- Topsflo TD5 Beer Pump – $119.99, Save $50 + free shipping
- Mark II Beer Pump Stainless Steel Brewing Pump – $80.99 w/stacking deals +…
- Using a Pedal Foot Switch for Easy Pump Operation
Homebrew Pump Uses:
I use my homebrew pump for vorlaufing/recirculating, transferring from my mash tun to brew kettle, chilling with a recirculating wort chiller and transferring to my fermenter. You could also use a brewing pump to recirculate ice water for your wort chiller. Pumps are a necessity if you want to use a plate chiller. You really need one to properly clean and sanitize your plate chiller. Smaller pumps could be used as part of a brew system solely for moving wort from vessel to vessel. In addition a lower temperature capable self priming pump is available for moving uncarbonated, but fermented beer and wine from vessel to vessel.
March and Chugger brands have historically been the two main homebrew pump manufacturers. Generally speaking March is more expensive than Chugger. From what I’ve gathered, function and quality are similar between the two brands. Additional brands include Blichmann Engineering, Topsflow, Shurflo and Keg King
Homebrew Pump Options:
Generally speaking these are 110 volt wired versions of these pumps. For some manufacturers, additional versions and part numbers are available in different voltages, capabilities and unwired. I’m guessing most want wired 110 volt pumps.
- MARK II WORT PUMP – Hands on Review – via ProFlow Dynamics This is one of the better deals for full featured homebrew pump that I’m aware of.
- March, Polysulfone Head, High Temperature, High Flow Brewing Pump H315HF– via MoreBeer. This is the high flow version of March’s homebrew pump.
- March, Stainless Steel, High Temperature, High Flow Brewing Pump H340 – via MoreBeer. This is the high flow version of March’s homebrew pump with a stainless steel head
- Chugger, Polysulfone, Inline – at Adventures in Homebrewing, Brew Hardware, Great Fermentations, MoreBeer, Pro Flow Dynamics
- Chugger, Stainless Steel, Inline- at Adventures in Homebrewing, Brew Hardware, Great Fermentations, MoreBeer, Pro Flow Dynamics
- Chugger, Stainless Steel, Center Inlet – Some argue that the center inlet design (compared with inline pumps) is more efficient and leads to fewer priming issues. – at Adventures in Homebrewing, Brew Hardware, Great Fermentations, Pro Flow Dynamics
- RipTide Brewing Pump by Blichmann Engineering – Hands on Review – Riptide Pump at Adventures in Homebrewing, Brew Hardware, Great Fermentations, MoreBeer, Pro Flow Dynamics, William’s Brewing
- High temperature(100’C) 6.8L/Min (108GPH) mini DC12V Water Pump. Food grade. Sous Vide – via Amazon. This is a small, food safe pump that may be helpful for moving wort around your system. It needs to be wired.
- Shurflo Self Priming Diaphragm Pump for Beer Transfers – via MoreBeer. This is for beer and wine transfers only. It is not a high temp pump, but does have the advantage of being self priming (it will push air)
- High End, High Volume, Nano Brewery or Brew Pub – There are some higher end higher volume and higher priced options aimed at you – March’s Nano Brewery Pumps – See: MoreBeer’s Pump Page and Chugger MAX Pumps
- Brewing Pump Landing Pages – Adventures in Homebrewing [sub categories under all grain equipment page], Brew Hardware, Great Fermentations, MoreBeer, Pro Flow Dynamics
Center Inlet Chugger Reducing Fittings
The center inlet chugger has a 3/4″ thread. If you, like many homebrewers, use 1/2″ threads on most of your equipment, you will need to reduce this. Here are a few fitting options.
- Brass Adapter 3/4″ Female x 1/2″ male – via Amazon – Reader Submitted Photo of this setup
- Adventures in Homebrewing has a stainless 1/2″ FPT to 3/4″ FPT reducer. That is a female to female fitting and is an available option on their Center Inlet Chugger offering
- If you use Cam Lock QDs on your setup, Brew Hardware has a custom type A designed specifically for this purpose.
- Stainless Steel Reducing Coupler for Chugger Center Pumps – via Amazon
- BouncerMD inline beer filter (Mac Daddy) – via Amazon. Not a pump, but helps you get clean transfers
- Tip: Using a Pedal Foot Switch for Easy Pump Operation – I use this on/off foot pedal foot switch for easy, hands free control of my pump while brewing. One foot press turns the pump on or off. Always be cautious when using your pump with hot liquids and read and follow manufacturers directions.
Related Resources and Top Posts:
- Install a Priming and Purging Port for Easy Pump Operation
- Stainless Steel Fittings, Disconnects and Ball Valves – Part Numbers and Sources
- Camlock Cam & Groove Disconnects for Your Homebrew Setup
Hot liquids are dangerous. Always be cautious when using your pump with hot liquids and read and follow manufacturers directions. Ensure that your equipment is rated for your desired application. If you have any questions, contact the manufacturer of your equipment.
Recent Great Deals:
- 304 Stainless Steel CIP Spray Ball by Homend – $15.55, Best Price + Free P…
- Reconditioned 5 Gallon Ball Locks – $47.45 w/Stacking Deals at Keg Connect…
- It’s Back!… INTLLAB 3,000 ml Capacity Stir Plate for Yeast Starters …
- Light Up Your Home Brewery – 4 x Hykolity 3,600 Lumen LED Workshop Lights …
- Ends Soon: Summer Clearance Sale… Up to 50% off at Label Peelers
- Make Hard Seltzer… Craft A Brew Homemade Hard Seltzer Starter Kit – …
- Two Tap KOMOS® Rubicon Draft Box – 2 x Intertap Faucets, DuoTight Fittings…
- 100 Campden Tablets [for winemaking and clearing chlorine & chloramine] …
- New Selection! The MoreBeer Kit of the Week – Save 20% + free ship eligib…
- Outdoor Research Growler Parka & Carrier – $20.28 + Free Prime Ship, …
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!