Kegland Carbonation and Line Cleaning Ball Lock Cap – Stainless – Duotight Compatible via MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
This stainless steel ball lock cap features soda bottle threads, allowing you to convert a 1 or 2 liter soda bottle into a convenient travel growler. The ball lock is compatible with both gas and beverage disconnects, so you can charge the PET bottle before you leave the house and dispense on the go. Use the Duotight compatible stem to connect a 8mm or 9.5mm reducer, then attach EVABarrier draft line to serve as your dip tube and you’re all set!
These caps also work great for quickly and conveniently cleaning your draft lines. Mix up a small batch of line cleaning solution in a soda bottle, attach the ball lock cap, and then connect it to your beverage line. Place a bucket below your tap to catch the cleaning solution and open your faucet. Then simply turn the bottle upside down and squeeze it to push solution through your line and out the faucet. You can also choose to pressurize the bottle first, but squeezing the solution through is just as effective.
Fermenting with the FermZilla? This is ball lock fitting is also compatible with the FermZilla Collection Container. If you use the collection container to add dry hops, attach one of these caps and you’ll be able purge the container of oxygen before opening the dump valve to introduce the hops. Attach some tubing and diffusion stone and you can oxygenate your wort through the collection container as well!
6.5mm Duotight Compatible
Liquid and Gas Ball Lock Compatible
Disassembles for Easy Cleaning
Made from Stainless Steel
28mm PCO 1881 Threads
Kegland Part Number: KL20435
What are these used for?
- PET Bottles as Growlers: These are generally intended to convert 1L and 2L bottles to growlers. Fill up a 1L or 2L PET bottle with your favorite homebrew. Put one of these on (purge the headspace by squeezing if you want to) and then pressurize for transport. This should help to reduce oxygen pickup and maintain carbonation levels.
- Fine tune or rapidly carbonate beer: You can also use this cap to rapidly carbonate beer. Same process as for transport, just set your regulator to the proper pressure and shake or agitate the PET bottle to help introduce CO2. Or hook it up to CO2 and let it sit in you kegerator.
- Flushing Carboys, Fermenters and Kegs – As a piece of tubing the barb, hook to your CO2 line and use this to flush receiving vessels wiht CO2 to reduce O2 pickup.
- Draft Line Cleaning Projects: I have developed two draft line cleaning projects using similar (but different) caps – Build A Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump | Mark II Keg and Carboy Cleaner Draft Line Cleaning Pump Conversion
A Great Deal!…
- These are selling for just $9.99.
- Get Free Shipping: Shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order to many US addresses
- Some filler item ideas to help you qualify for free shipping… PBW, Sale Items (shows most popular deals first), Kit of the Week, Hop Market (shows most popular deals first)