from MoreBeer… “Beer lovers rejoice! Vinnie from Russian River Brewing Co. has released his Consecration recipe to us, and we’re very proud to be able to offer it to the homebrewing community. Consecration is a sour dark ale aged in a Cabernet Sauvignon barrel. It is aged for 4 to 8 months with currants and brettanomyces. You can look for rich flavors of chocolate truffle, spice, tobacco, currants, and a bit of Cabernet.
What sets this kit apart from any other kit out there, is the fact that we include a chunk of an actual consecration barrel in each one! Whether or not the bacteria from the original beer will form their own colony in your beer is hard to prove right or wrong. Either way, we think it is pretty cool!”
Why it matters…
- You get an actual chunk of Consecration barrel from the brewery. That’s awesome.
- Consecration is an awesome beer. I’m not big on picking favorites. I think there are far too many good things to pick favorites on most things. Having said that, if I were going to write down a list of my favorite beers, Consecration would certainly be towards the top. This is an amazing beer.
- Availability of Consecration Kits at MoreBeer can be touch and go (guessing this has to do with sourcing actual Consecration Barrels, but that’s only a guess). As such I don’t often see this kit specifically discounted. As of this posting, both all grain and extract versions of this kit are in stock.
- MoreBeer’s 12 Deals of Christmas is going on as of this posting. Day’s 7 deal is a 15% discount on all recipe kits. That is still going on. Use coupon code DEAL7 and you’ll get 15% off Consecration Kits.
Russian River Consecration Recipe Kits – at MoreBeer
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- 12 Deals of Christmas! See Today’s Deal
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds