Announcing: BlowTie Complete Ball Lock Kit + Hands on Reviews of All Components
BlowTie 2 Spunding Valve | Complete Kit | Duotight Ball Lock Quick Disconnect (QD) from MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
With this complete kit you’ll be ready to use the BlowTie 2 Spunding Valve right out of the box. The BlowTie is used to release excess pressure on a pressurized fermenter or from a receiving keg during pressure transfers. This diaphragm spunding valve is much more accurate than the spring and poppet style, and works much better at lower pressures.
This version of the Spunding Valve Kit includes the Duotight Ball Lock QD which allows you to attach the BlowTie directly to the QD via the 8 mm rigid joiner.
The BlowTie 2 can also be upgraded with a Digital Mini Pressure Gauge.
Pressure fermentation is becoming more and more popular at the homebrew level, but in order to do it safely and accurately, you need a way to release excess pressure. You’ll pressurize your vessel to your desired psi, but once fermentation begins and those hungry, active yeast start creating CO2, the pressure inside the vessel will increase. Attach a spunding valve and set it to your desired pressure, and it will blow off when the pressure gets to high and close up again when it’s back to your desired psi.
Even if you don’t have a pressurizable fermenter, you may have done pressure transfers from keg to keg during filtering or after fining. During pressure transfers, it’s a good idea to have a bit of head pressure in the receiving keg, especially if you’re transferring beer that is already carbonated. Having a spunding valve in place will allow you to consistently control the head pressure and give you more consistent results, without losing carbonation in the process.
Diaphragm vs. Poppet
With the poppet style spunding valve, a spring pushes against a poppet to keep the valve closed. When the poppet lifts up to open, the surface area the gas pushes against becomes larger, and the spring has to work harder to push the poppet down and reseal the valve. This can lead to more gas being released than intended, and the remaining pressure in your vessel may be at a lower psi than your spunding valve’s set psi.
Instead of a poppet, the spring inside the BlowTie pushes against a diaphragm, which has an immensely larger surface area. This means the surface area that the gas pushes against while the diaphragm is closed is significantly closer to the surface area it pushes against when the diaphragm is open. This leads to higher accuracy, and the remaining pressure after excess gas is released will be much closer to your set blow off pressure.
BlowTie 2 w/ Integrated Pressure Gauge (0-15 psi)
8 mm Duotight Gray Ball Lock Disconnect
8 mm OD Rigid Plastic Joiner
- DuoTight Fittings and Accessories along with EVABarrier Tubing are… awesome. In my opinion, the system is a game-changer for kegerator owners and builders.
- The BlowTie is part of that lineup.
- This is v2. The big innovation is that v2 includes and integrated gauge. Check out my Hands on Review of this great tool
- Homebrew Finds is Spunding Central! Build a Spunding Valve! – How and Why << a top resource on the subject
- Get Free Shipping: This ships for free with a qualify order as part of MoreBeer’s Free Shipping Program. Under that promo most orders over $59 ship for free.
- Easy Filler Item…. If you’re looking for a filler item to help you qualify for free shipping, consider grabbing some PBW
This is a BlowTie Spunding Valve + Rigid Joiner + DuoTight Ball Lock QD
BlowTie 2 Spunding Valve | Complete Kit | Duotight Ball Lock Quick Disconnect (QD) FE964
Standalone: BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve with Gauge FE962
Upgrade it to Digital…
Kegland’s DuoTight system along with their EVABarrier Tubing are amazing. Check out my extensive hands on review for a deep dive into the system.
Kegland has released a digital regulator option that works with their great inline regulator and gauge-equipped BlowTie Spunding Valves.
It appears as though though Kegland will offer both complete digital inline regulators and spunding valves and a regulator only option that will retrofit analog units.
Digital Mini Pressure Gauge (0-90 psi) D1165
DuoTight Reviews, Resource Posts & How-To’s!
DuoTights are so amazing – at least in my book 🙂 – that I have several reviews and related top posts
- Hands on Review: Kegland Digital Gauges!
- Hands on Review: Nukatap Counter Pressure Bottle Filler!
- Building a Simple Ball Lock Draft Line Flushing Setup
- Hands on Review: Kegland DuoTight Fittings & EVABarrier Tubing!
- Using DuoTight Compatible Locking Clips To Fix Leaks
- Hands on Review: Kegland DuoTight Ball Lock QDs!
- Using a Keg as a CO2 Source for Portable Serving!
- Hands on Review: Kegland DuoTight Rigid Joiners
- Hands on Review: Kegland Ball Lock Cleaning Kit
- Hands on Review: Kegland Inline Secondary Regulator!
- Five Benefits of Using Corny Kegs As Fermenters
- Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Spunding Valve!
- Build a DuoTight CO2 Gas Manifold! – for Kegland EVABarrier Tubing
MORE MoreBeer Deals!…
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.