500 x .01 gram Digital ScaleMore Info
- Accurate - This GDEALER scale equipped with high sensitivity gravity sensor and wide range, weigh up to 500g. Readings in units: g/ct/dwt/ozt/oz/gn. Note: Weight less than 3g may decrease the accuracy of the scale.
- Perfect Design - ABS plastic frame and stainless steel plate make the scale durable and light. LCD display with blue backlight makes it available at night.
- Multi-function - The counting feature gives you an accurate count especially for food. Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients.
- Widely Use - The two transparent plastic cases are perfect to weigh items such as fruits/liquids/food seasoning.
- Good Quality - This food scale is lightweight, takes up no extra space, and is easy to carry and store. Stainless steel countertop protects the scale and is easy to clean. Good performance and easy to use.
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
What I like about this scale… I like that it has a stainless steel top. I also like the high resolution with a relatively large (give the 1/100th gram accuracy) capacity. And it has the requisite (in my opinion) tare features and that it uses easy to source AAA batteries [Search AmazonBasics Batteries]. Given the specs of this scale, it should work for weighing hops, water salts, smaller amounts of specialty grains (500 grams is about 17.6 ounces or just over a pound) and other brewing ingredients.
GDEALER Food Scale, 0.001oz/0.01g Precise Digital Kitchen Scale Gram Scales Weight Food Coffee Scale Digital Scales for Cooking Baking Stainless Steel Back-lit LCD Display – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link