Inkbird Non-Contact Infrared ThermometerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Accurate Results: The Distance to Spot Ratio is 12:1 and the built-in helps to position an exact area of the target object, promotes the measure precision. Accuracy: 2% or 2℃.
- Multiple Applications: -58℉~1022℉/-50℃~550℃ wide measurement range, can be used for the surface temperature measuring of foods, refrigerators, automobiles, electrical products and other objects.
- Convenient Use: Backlit LCD screen, support colourful display and screen auto-off, saves energy for you, a 9V 6F22 battery could last about 12 months, no more frequently battery changes. In addition, the thermometer also supports ℉/℃ switch, and historical max temperature value display.
- Adjustable Emissivity: The emissivity ranges from 0.1 to 1.0, you can adjust the emissivity according to the material need to be measured, we have attached a emissivity table at the end of the user’s manual for your reference.
- Note: The infrared thermometer is for use on surfaces, not humans, the results will be incorrect when you applied this product on humans or animals; The thermometer can not measure the internal temperature of an object; Do not irradiate human eyes directly or indirectly with infrared rays at any time.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for a conventional thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermentation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a great conventional thermometer consider Thermapen ONE – Hands on Review
Inkbird Infrared Thermometer, Non-Contact Digital Temperature Gun with Adjustable Emissivity and Max Measure Instant Read Thermometer for Cooking, Barbecue, Automotive, and Industrial (NOT for Human) – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link