Pictured: Brand New Ball Locks – via Adventures in Homebrewing
THREE Ball Lock Only Accessories
I’m aware of three accessories that, to my knowledge, are available for Ball Lock Kegs, but not available for Pin Lock Kegs. It’s worth noting that when I started this section, there was a single accessory. The list is growing. If you’re on the fence, this may be a tick in favor of ball lock kegs.
#1 Ball Lock Jumper
Allows you to connect multiple ball lock runs to clean multiple lines and taps at the same time. Works with both liquid and gas QDs. Stainless Steel Ball Lock Jumper – via Valuebrew
#2 Carbonation Caps
Carbonation Caps fit on 1L and 2L size PET Bottles and allow you to pressurize a PET bottle for transporting or preserving the carbonation level of your homebrew (Squeeze out the air in the headspace first to minimize oxygen pickup). You can also use them to quickly carbonate homebrew and fine tune carbonation levels (maybe for competition entry) and… more.
Ball Lock Carbonation Caps:
- Carbonation and Line Cleaning Ball Lock Cap – via MoreBeer
- Ferroday Stainless Carbonation Cap Counter Pressure Bottle Filling With 5/16″ Barb – Hands on Review
- Stainless Carbonation Cap with 5/16″ Barb Ball Lock Type, Fit Most Soft Drink PET Bottles
- UP100 Line Cleaning Cap Stainless Carbonation Cap Counter Pressure Bottle Filling,w/ 5/16″ Barb
- New offerings regularly pop up. Search Amazon for “stainless steel carbonation cap” to see what’s out there. Again, check descriptions to make sure these work for both gas/grey and liquid/black QDs.
#3 Ball Lock QD with Shank
This ball lock beer connector from Kegland features a shank collar to attach a faucet directly to the ball lock connector. Unlike the previous two ball lock only accessories, this one does have a work around… an MFL QD + Corny Keg Disconnect Faucet Adapter gets you there, albeit not as cleanly.
- Kegland Ball Lock QD with Shank from William’s Brewing
- Kegland Ball Lock QD with Shank from MoreBeer
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
- Let’s be Friends!
Let’s Be Friends!
- Our Last Fifty Finds
- Curated List of Keg Deals
- Curated List of Hop Deals
- Our 10 Most Recent Homebrew Resource Posts
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best of the best
- Our 10 Most Recent Reviews
- Our Top Draft and Kegerator Resource Pages
- Our Top Posts – a huge library of how-tos, resources posts & more
- Our Massive Library of Reviews – view the entire list of use our Review by Categories to find just what you’re looking for
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. toppost:ballvspinlockkegslnksto lnksto:ballvspinlockkegs rp:lnkstoblexclusives