Leaks? Troubleshooting EVABarrier/DuoTight Leaks
I’ve done several pressure tests with DuoTight Fittings and EVABarrier Tubing. Each test has proven the tested components were leak free. Having said that, it’s entirely possible that you’ll have a leak. This happens with any tubing system, that’s why we… check for leaks. Some tips…
- Check for leaks as you would if you were using standard tubing. DuoTights and EVABarrier are amazing… but not magic. They need to be installed correctly and securely throughout your system. Liquid liquids are easy to spot. Gas leaks are a little more difficult.
- I highly suggest picking up a DuoTight Pressure Gauge. You can easily add this to your setup and use this technique for checking for gas leaks.
- If you have a section of EVABarrier tubing that’s marred or damaged, cut off a couple inches to get a fresh end.
- Make sure you’re pushing the EVABarrier Tubing completely in to your DuoTight Fitting.
- Make sure you’re pulling your EVABarrier Tubing out firmly to engage the sealing mechanism.
- DuoTight Compatible Locking Clips – I recommend using these on all DuoTight connections. They snap into place pushing the collar out, securely engaging the fitting. They also help prevent bumps and moves from disengaging the connection.
- If you have a particular fitting that won’t seal… contact the seller or manufacturer to get a replacement. A leaking DuoTight fitting is not normal and I’m guessing your retailer will take care of you. Out of the dozens of fittings I have I’ve had 1 that was non-functional on receipt.
DuoTight Compatible Locking Clips
Valuebrew’s DuoTight Compatible Locking Clips are a great addition to any DuoTight setup. These snap into the collar of DuoTight Fittings and lock connections in place. This makes the connection more secure and reduces the chances of leakage.
These are available in both 8mm and 9.5mm sizes
Sanitizing DuoTight Fittings – Star San & DuoTights?
I’ve gotten some feedback when it comes to DuoTights and Star San. The materials used in DuoTight fittings – Acetal, EPDM, Stainless – are generally compatible with Star San. However that doesn’t mean that you can soak DuoTights in Star San endlessly.
Star Stan could eventually damage DuoTights (and lots of other things) given excessive exposure. Damaged fittings = potential leaks. Contact time for Star San is five minutes. That’s about how long you should leave a part sitting in Star San.
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
- Let’s be Friends!
Let’s Be Friends!
- Our Last Fifty Finds
- Curated List of Keg Deals
- Curated List of Hop Deals
- Our 10 Most Recent Homebrew Resource Posts
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best of the best
- Our 10 Most Recent Reviews
- Our Top Draft and Kegerator Resource Pages
- Our Top Posts – a huge library of how-tos, resources posts & more
- Our Massive Library of Reviews – view the entire list of use our Review by Categories to find just what you’re looking for
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. review:duotight lnksto:duotightreview rp:linkstoduotightreview