Building a Stainless Steel Spunding Valve
A Spunding Valve allows you to maintain a set pressure. If pressure in the vessel exceeds the set point, it is expelled. It generally consists of an adjustable PRV valve, a tee, a gauge and a way to connect to your keg. Read lots and lots more about Spunding Valves, ways to use them and different build options on our Spunding Valve Resource Post
Well… mostly stainless. It’s going to be tough to get a stainless steel pressure gauge, Beyond, that, mostly stainless steel components are available.
- Adjustable Stainless Gas Pressure Relief – 1/4 in. MPT D1833L – Stainless Steel PRV via MoreBeer
- Search Amazon for “1/4″ stainless steel tee” – look for 1/4″ MPT/FPT threads and proper specs
- Torpedo Stainless Steel Ball Lock Disconnects at MoreBeer
- Stainless Steel Ball Lock Disconnects at Adventures in Homebrewing
- Style 2: Eaton Weatherhead 5217X4X4 Stainless Steel SAE 37 Degree (JIC) Flare-Twin Fitting, Adapter, 1/4″ NPT Male x 1/4″ JIC Male – PHOTO – (* sizing note)
Style 1: To connect the tee to an MFL QD, a swivel JIC to NPT fitting is required. Those are tough to find in stainless steel and usually… very expensive. A solution to this piece of the puzzle is a very innovative ball lock QD that MoreBeer offers. Instead of the typical flare threading, this one features MPT threads. That means you don’t need a transitional fitting to get to the tee!
Torpedo Ball Lock Disconnect Gas In (Stainless) – 1/4 in. MPT KEG735
Ready Made Option – Ball Lock Spunding Valve (w/ Pressure Gauge) FIL42AS
This write-up is part of my Spunding Valve Resource Post – Jump To This Section
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
- Let’s be Friends!
Let’s Be Friends!
Subscribe To Our Email! – 8 Ways to Connect with HBF
- Our Last Fifty Finds
- Curated List of Keg Deals
- Curated List of Hop Deals
- Our 10 Most Recent Homebrew Resource Posts
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best of the best
- Our 10 Most Recent Reviews
- Our Top Draft and Kegerator Resource Pages
- Our Top Posts – a huge library of how-tos, resources posts & more
- Our Massive Library of Reviews – view the entire list of use our Review by Categories to find just what you’re looking for
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. top:spundingvalvelnksto lnksto:spundingvalve rp:lnkstossspunding