Farmhouse Hybrid Ale Yeast via William’s Brewing:
LalBrew Farmhouse™ is a non-diastatic hybrid that has been selected to make saison-style and farmhouse style beers. This product is the result of the research and development work of Renaissance Yeast in Vancouver BC, Canada. The Renaissance research team used classical and non-GMO methods to remove the STA1 gene, responsible for the diastatic activity of Saison yeasts. Removing this gene means the yeast will be less likely to continue to break down proteins and ferment once packaged, giving a stable carbonation. Care was taken to retain normal brewing sugar utilization to produce dry saisons. Additionally, the patented technology from the University of California at Davis ensures that the strain will not produce sulfurous favors, therefore enhancing the saison yeast aroma characteristics.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Farmhouse Yeast:
Percent solids 93% – 96%
Viability > 5 x 10⁹ CFU per gram of dry yeast
Wild Yeast < 1 per 10⁶ yeast cells Diastaticus Undetectable Bacteria < 1 per 10⁶ yeast cells
Brewing Properties Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 5 days. High Attenuation and Low Flocculation.
Note: Contrary to traditional saison strains, LalBrew Farmhouse™ lacks the presence of the STA-1 gene, therefore dextrins will not be metabolized and there is no risk of over attenuation and over carbonation after packaging. Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
Strain Guides & More Yeast Related!
- East Coast Yeast Strain Guide
- Omega Yeast Labs Homebrew Strain Guide
- Imperial Yeast Homebrew Strain Guide
- Finding Harder To Find Yeast Strains
- Finding the “Conan Strain” of Yeast – Vermont IPA
- Great Price and Selection on Dry Yeast – Mangrove Jacks, Safale and more
- Hands on Review: StirStarter Stir Plate
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
- Let’s be Friends!
Visit William’s Brewing – Web Only Clearance Sale