Brix Refractometer for Homebrew Beer Wort, iTavah Dual Scale Automatic Temperature Compensation 0-32% Specific Gravity Hydrometer with ATCMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- DUAL SCALE:Rapidly and precisely display the Brix (0-32%) and Specific Gravity (1.000-1.130) at the same time, no need to switch unit for readings each time!
- ACCURATE READINGS WITH ATC: Hand Held Brewing Refractometerr with Automatic Temperature Compensation(ATC), the brix refractometer will account for changes in ambient temperature and automatically compensate accordingly to Provides accurate and repeatable measurements on easy to read scale.
- EASY TO USE: Just take a drop or 2 of your brew on the prism and hold the refractometer to the light, then look through the eyepiece to get the reading. No lookup table needed and no waste!
- UNIVERSAL FIT: Ideal for Home Brew, Wine making, Agricultural, Gardening & Educational Purposes.
- PORTABLE COMPACT PACKAGE: The refractometer comes with dropper, screwdriver, user manual and cleaning cloth, all included in a hard compact case, the item dimensions is 8″x3″x2″, the item weight is only 8.8 ounces. makes it very portable and easy to carry.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Brix Refractometer for Homebrew Beer Wort, iTavah Dual Scale Automatic Temperature Compensation 0-32% Specific Gravity Hydrometer with ATC – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate