Used Kegs often have old stickers. After removing these we’re often left with sticky, hard to remove adhesive. Goo Gone to the rescue!
In my experience, Goo Gone is harsh on my skin so I’m using nitrile gloves. Glove are… handy. Did you see what I did there? 🙂 I just work my way around the keg a few times. That gives the Goo Gone a chance to chemically break down the adhesive while I provide some periodic agitation. In this case the adhesive dissolved pretty quickly and the small pieces of sticker that were left came right off. TIP: I recommend using Goo Gone sparingly. You really don’t need that much and you certainly WOULD NOT want to use enough that it gets on the handle or base of your keg. Goo Gone acts as a solvent for many adhesives. It could potentially loosen up rubber handles or bases. Then you’d need to use our Fixing Loose Handles Tip. So, just put a little on a paper towel or rag and add a little more if you need to.A look at the used paper towel with dirt, adhesive residue and small bits of stickers on it. Whammo!
Search Amazon for “Goo Gone” to shop around for available options
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
- Let’s be Friends!
Let’s Be Friends!
- Our Last Fifty Finds
- Curated List of Keg Deals
- Curated List of Hop Deals
- Our 10 Most Recent Homebrew Resource Posts
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best of the best
- Our 10 Most Recent Reviews
- Our Top Draft and Kegerator Resource Pages
- Our Top Posts – a huge library of how-tos, resources posts & more
- Our Massive Library of Reviews – view the entire list of use our Review by Categories to find just what you’re looking for
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. top:rebuildkeglnksto lnksto:kegrebuild rp:lnkskeggg