304 Stainless Home Brew Beer FermZilla Ball Floating Beer Keg Liquid Dip Tube with Floating Dip Tube Filter and 80CM Silicone Dip TubeMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- 【Floating Dip Tube Filter】For the beverage out，you’ll have a silicone dip tube with stainless steel float, allowing you to always draw from the clearest beer at the top of the tank.
- 5/16″Silicone Dip,you can connect your faucet/sampling valve or other devices.
- The silicone dip tube is 80CM long. It will work perfectly as is for the 55L FermZilla. For the 27L model we recommend cutting the dip tube shorter to remove unwanted slack.
- WIDE USE,if you want draw from the Liquid at the top of the tank.
- Made of 304SS This floating dip tube allowing you to draw the clearest beer first from the top of the beer kegs
304 Stainless Home Brew Beer FermZilla Ball Floating Beer Keg Liquid Dip Tube with Floating Dip Tube Filter and 80CM Silicone Dip Tube – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
My explanation of how this works…
When we carbonate a keg, pressure is being applied to the keg from the top, via the head space. Beer at the top carbonates first. That carbonation works it’s way down the keg. I’m sure there’s also some movement in the keg that helps to mix things up and distribute carbonation. But just sitting there, I think that mixing is a slow process. However it all works, practically speaking, the beer at the top carbonates more quickly compared to the beer at the bottom. This allows you to serve from the top accessing the more carbonated portion of the keg. It’s also a benefit for clarity because trub settles out heading downward. You can see this stratification in a glass carboy. As the beer starts to clear, the top clears first. I don’t think if this is exactly accurate, but I picture carbonation happening with the same sort of stratification until the beer reaches equilibrium and is equally carbonated throughout.
Our Top Draft Resources