500 ml Polypropylene (PP) wide mouth bottleMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- 500ML CAPACITY || Industrial quality reagent bottle with a 500ml capacity. Excellent for storing chemicals, liquids or powders
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY || The rigid polypropylene construction provides excellent chemical resistance to acids, alcohols & alkalis, and very good resistance to aldehydes and hydrocarbons. Both bottle and cap are translucent with excellent optical clarity. Stable at temperatures between -20°C and 135°C
- WIDE NECK || Bottle features a wide neck. Outer diameter of mouth measures 47mm and inner diameter measures 43mm. Includes a leak-proof screw cap
- EASY TO CLEAN || Bottle and screw cap are autoclavable and top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and sterilization
- GREAT FOR PROFESSIONAL LABORATORIES, CLASSROOMS & HOUSEHOLD || Designed for use in professional laboratories, but is an ideal choice for science classrooms and household use
Possible homebrew uses include: Refractometer and pH sample collection, yeast rehydration, yeast washing and slurry storage. Also an easy vessel for making and storing sanitized water. I use similar containers to collect samples and to aid with yeast rehydration. Check out Tip 1 on our Tips Page for more info on my process for yeast rehydration.
Reagent Bottle, 500ml – Wide Mouth with Screw Cap – Polypropylene – Translucent – Eisco Labs – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Compare: New offerings are regularly added – Search Amazon for “Polypropylene Lab Bottles” – Some things to look for – proper temp ratings, use of food safe materials and microwaveable.
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.