Oxgenation System from William’s Brewing. Includes oxygen regulator (made in the US) for use with disposable oxygen bottles (not included, typically found at local hardware stores), tubing, stainless steel wand and .5 micron aeration stone.
Why aerate your wort? – from William’s Brewing… “Yeast needs oxygen to reproduce and produce strong cell walls. If the cell walls are weak, the yeast will have a low tolerance for alcohol, and can die before fully fermenting out the wort. Particularly in worts with starting gravities in excess of 1.050, this can contribute to long lag times, slow ferments, and higher than normal finishing gravities. Like an air stone in a fish tank provides oxygen for fish to breathe, wort aeration provides needed oxygen for yeast respiration and growth.” [full description]
- This is on sale for $44.99 as part of William’s Brewing Clearance Sale
- Shipping is free or reasonably priced flat rate to addresses in the contiguous US depending on your order size for most items.
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
Visit William’s Brewing – Web Only Clearance Sale