Brix Refractometer with ATC, Dual Scale – Specific Gravity & Brix, Hydrometer in Wine Making and Beer Brewing, Homebrew Kit with Automatic Temperature Compensation FunctionMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- ❤It is portable and needs no battery, it is easy to learn and use even for new user.
- ❤The scale range is 0 – 80 %V/V (V/V – alcohol volume percent), division: 1 %v/v.
- ❤Easy to Use,Just Take a Drop or 2 of Your Brew on the Prism and Hold the Refractometer to the Light, then Look through the Eyepiece to Get the Reading. No Lookup Table Needed and No Waste!
- ❤Ideal for Home Brew, Wine making, Agricultural, Gardening & Educational Purposes.
- ❤Durable and Easy to Use & Carry — The main part is made of chromium, it’s light but durable.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Brix Refractometer with ATC, Dual Scale – Specific Gravity & Brix, Hydrometer in Wine Making and Beer Brewing, Homebrew Kit with Automatic Temperature Compensation Function – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Recent Amazon Finds