Bus Tubs for Brew Day – A Rubbermaid Commercial Products Bus Tub/Utility Box with a Rubbermaid Commercial High Temp Pitcher and my Brew Day Whisk
I use two commercial bus tubs on brew day and beyond and find them invaluable. They’re well made, versatile and help me save time and frustration.
- I use these to cart around gear and ingredients – saving trips back and forth.
- As brew day starts, I’ll keep a dry/clean bus tub and a wet/needs to be cleaned bus tub. Having two helps me keep clean things clean. That means less unnecessary cleaning.
- If I’m using my pump, I’ll keep one below that. It catches drips and also offers a place to store wet items such as stirring spoons, mash paddles, my mash stirring whisk and my equally invaluable 1 gallon pitchers.
- The ridges on the bottom make these a great place to drain and dry just cleaned gear.
- When these are unused, they stack together to save space and offer a nice place to store brew day items.
- Another potential use: ice down your favorite beverages for get-togethers.
These are also the perfect size for storing my Mark’s Keg and Carboy Washer. Since these are also meant to hold wet/damp items you can put it in there while the base and such are still damp. The tub features ribs at the bottom to help with airflow and drying.
I use the model linked below (and also the brown version of this same size) but other manufacturers and models may available.
Search Amazon for “Commercial Bus Tubs”
Rubbermaid Commercial Products FG335100GRAY Standard Bus/Utility Box, 7.125 Gal, Gray – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
What are others saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “brew” – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Related: Four Easy Upgrades for Brew Day
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
This is a Top Post! See: All Top Posts – toppost:bustubs tag:tpru rs: