Hecotrax Refractometer Brix for Beer Wort SG Specific Gravity Handheld Refractometer Sugar Beer Content Measuring Range 0-32 with SG Wort 1.000-1.130More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- >Measuring range: Brix 0-32% ; S.G.Wort : 1.000-1 .130sg ; Temperature correction range: 10-30 ℃(50°F~86°F)
- >Wide range of applications: for industry and family, can measure fruits, vegetables, jams, lubricants, emulsions, etc.easy to operate, easy to carry.
- >Precision prism: High uniformity, no cracks, good transparency, high dispersion and low temperature coefficient. The surface of the prism material is not affected by humidity.
- >Automatic temperature compensation technology: High quality temperature compensation film, certified size can reach the corresponding temperature compensation function.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Hecotrax Refractometer Brix for Beer Wort SG Specific Gravity Handheld Refractometer Sugar Beer Content Measuring Range 0-32 with SG Wort 1.000-1.130 – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Recent Amazon Finds