Reflectix BP24010 Series Foil Insulation, 24 in. x 10 ft.More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Inhibits or eliminates condensation
- Nontoxic/no carcinogenic
- Does not require Protective clothing, goggles, or respirator
5/16″ thick with two outer layers of aluminum foil. Each foil layer is bonded to a tough layer of polyethylene for strength. Reflects up to 97% of radiant heat with an R-value up to 14.3 depending on application. Excellent vapor barrier for below grade. Can be used for radiant floors, crawl spaces, duct insulation, metal buildings, basement walls & attics. Square edge roll double bubble foil both sides 5/16″ thick with two outer layers of aluminum foil Each foil layer is bonded to a tough layer of polyethylene for strength Reflects up to 97% of radiant heat with an R-value up to 14.3 depending on application Excellent vapor barrier for below grade Can be used for radiant floors, crawl spaces, duct insulation, metal buildings, basement walls & attics. Easy applied with tape & staples. Specifications Size: 24″ x 10′.
Note: multiple size and length options may be available. Cost will vary. Search Amazon for “Reflectix”
Possible homebrew application: Use to insulate to your compatible mash tun or HLT to help maintain temperatures. Cooler hack… I use this for my coolers (regular ole cooler as a cooler, not mash tun). I cut a piece to fit the top of each cooler (fitting it to the cooler size as tightly as possible) and place on top of food or ice to provide an additional layer of insulation.
Reflectix BP24010 Series Foil Insulation, 24 in. x 10 ft. – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
More All Grain!
- All Grain Tips & Gear
- 10 Gallon Mash Tun Conversion Kit – Review
- Grain Mill Reviews
- All Grain Related Reviews
- Batch Sparge Spreadsheet | BIAB Brew Day Spreadsheet
- The Brew Bag – Purpose Made BIAB
- Get a Deal on Bulk Malt via MoreBeer: Viking 2-Row Pale Malt, Viking Xtra Pale Malt, Viking Wheat Malt – and Viking Pilsner Malt – all sell for $10.99/10 lbs, unmilled. 5 x $10.99 = $54.95 for 50 lbs of grain. To sweeten the deal shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order. Check product links for current price & availability.
More: Recent Amazon Finds
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.