Brewer’s Edge® Mash & Boil With PumpMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
• Simple to set up and use
• Recirculation pump for even temperatures during mashing
• High quality components throughout for dependable operation.
• Versatile – Mash, Boil, and Distill with optional Distilling package
• Two Year Warranty
Do you want to get into mashing but want something simple? The patented Brewer’s Edge® Mash & Boil with Pump makes it easy. No need for an outdoor burner, complicated brewing stand, or a 220 volt special circuit – it plugs into any 110 volt GFI household outlet. The Mash and Boil’s exclusive double wall stainless construction conserves heat to achieve a rolling boil with only 110 volts and 1600 watts, and its precise thermostat and internal sparging basket lets you mash and boil in the same vessel. Protected by U.S. patent D819,385 S.
A typical brew day with the Mash & Boil begins with formulating your 5 gallon all grain recipe (up to 16 pounds of crushed grain can be mashed), and then heating your strike water to 160° F, the preset heat temperature. After 40 minutes or so, your strike water is 160° F, and you mix your crushed grain into the sparging basket already inside the Mash and Boil. The mash will cool to 152° or so, and then you set your thermostat to 153°. Attach the Recirculation Arm and tubing and turn on the pump (leave it on during the hour long mash). Adjust the recirculation flow with the Recirculation Valve so about an inch of wort sits on top of the grain bed during the hour mash. During this mash time you will need to separately heat 3 gallons of sparge water to 175° in a separate pot you provide.
After one hour, turn off the Pump and remove the Recirculation Arm. Lift the sparging bucket and lock on its included legs, and let the malt sugar drip into your Mash & Boil, which has now became a boiling pot. Turn the thermostat up to 218° F. and give it about 40 minutes to heat to a boil. During this time, ladle one gallon of hot sparge water at a time into the top of the sparging basket until you get to 5½ gallons. Now remove the grain basket, and when the boil begins, add your hops as per your recipe. Boil for 1 hour, and then cool with a suitable wort chiller (not included, our item E81 works well as does any immersion chiller that is up to 11″ in diameter). Or use the stainless valve with ½” hose barb to run the wort through your external chiller.
The Mash & Boil features an adjustable thermostat with a range of 45° F. to 218° F. (switchable from Fahrenheit to Centigrade). It also features a delayed start timer, so you can program the Mash and Boil to turn on up to 23 hours after setting. For example, load it with strike water, and have it set to be hot when you come home from work to save time. Intended for 5 gallon batches, maximum capacity is 7½ gallons. 28” tall closed, 40” tall with basket, 14” wide. A 5′ power cord is included.
- William’s Brewing has this marked down to $259.99. That’s a $40 savings.
- The no-pump version is just $199.99.
- For some pricing clarity this is $60 less than William’s Black Friday Deal in 2019 and… $140 less than list price at that time.
- Shipping is free or reasonably priced flat rate to addresses in the contiguous US depending on your order size for most items.
- Get a Free Set of Nucleated Can Glasses: Place an order with a subtotal of $90 or more and enter web coupon code FREECAN at checkout and you’ll get a free set of can style beer glasses from William’s Brewing. No need to add the glasses to your cart. Just use the coupon code and they will be automatically added at checkout.
- Learn More! Hands on Review of the Mash & Boil System – review of the non-pump version
Update: This promo has expired or pricing, availability or description has changed – Check the supplier’s site or product page for current availability
Recent Deals! Last Fifty Finds
Visit William’s Brewing – Web Only Clearance Sale
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. prod:wmmb+pump