The Grainfather – Conical Fermenter Pro Edition via Brewer DudeMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Ferment like never before! The Grainfather Conical Fermenter give the brewer professional fermentation control, just like the commercial breweries. Fermentation is arguably the most important part of producing an excellent quality beer. A good fermentation environment starts with a clean and sterile fermenter, has a consistent controlled temperature base and exposure to oxygen is minimized. The Grainfather Conical Fermenter provides you with a modular system for all of this and more!
The Grainfather Conical Fermenter Pro Edition includes the basic unit plus the Dual Valve Tap and Temperature Controller. Allowing you to control the heating of your unit (and cooling with the Glycol Chiller available separately), dump yeast, take samples and transfer your wort via our innovative dual function valve design.
Double Walled: A stainless steel double walled skin is filled with a thick layer of polyurethane foam for insulation. This is what keeps the wort at a constant stable temperature with minimal influence from any external environmental temperature changes, providing insulation for your fermentation that a standard jacket cannot achieve.
Integrated Gentle Heating: In the cavity of the fermenter between the outer body and cone sits a 30 Watt, 12V heating element. Unlike standard heating elements/sources that directly heat the liquid, this heat source is designed to heat the environment in between the walls of the fermenter, which in turn heats the liquid. It is similar to controlling the temperature in a temperature controlled room. The fermenter acts as an artificial environment which can be heated, meaning the temperature is raised in an even and controlled manner which is much better for the yeast.
Integrated Cooling Sleeve: In between the two stainless steel walls sits a cooling sleeve (also made of stainless steel). This cooling sleeve is welded onto the inner wall of the fermenter and can be hooked up to the additionally purchased Glycol Chiller. Temperature is dialed into the Temperature Controller and as the cooling liquid travels through this sleeve, it cools the stainless steel which in turn evenly cools the beer in the fermenter. The cooling sleeve never comes into contact with the beer, it is completely concealed, built into the fermenter and never needs cleaning or sanitizing – a true innovation for a fermenter of this scale.
Easy Access to the Interior for Hassle Free Cleaning: The Grainfather Conical Fermenter has a smooth interior with no additions such as cooling coils or additional sampling valves meaning it is easy to clean and minimizes the risk of infection.
Golden Angle Conical: The conical shape of the fermenter is typical for professional breweries. Our conical has been designed with the ‘Golden Angle’ of 60º. This is the optimum angle for yeast and sediment to drop down to the bottom of the cone without getting stuck to the sides, allowing you to transfer from above the sediment line, resulting in clearer beer. The conical shape also allows for better mixing during fermentation due to the path of convention currents that it enables to occur.
Dual Valve Tap: Make the yeast dumping, transferring and sampling process more professional with this innovative all in one valve. Sampling and transferring is done through an inlet above the sediment line, allowing for clear, sediment free beer. Easily collect your yeast from below the sediment line with the same unique valve for recultivating and pitching. The innovative design of the valve allows for this dual functionality and less cleaning for you.
Temperature Control: The Temperature Controller easily snaps on and replaces the standard Temperature Display via magnets and pogo pins. Allowing you to accurately dial in a temperature and even set a temperature schedule/profile (you can set up to 4 profiles each with 5 stages). It can control the heating of the integrated heating element and the cooling (if you have upgrade to the Glycol Chiller).
Support: The Grainfather Conical Fermenter is fully supported around the world by a fantastic support team who love brewing just as much as you do. Our support team is here for any technical inquiries on brewing or how the Conical Fermenter works, as well as general customer service inquiries.?? All Grainfather Conical Fermenters come with a 24-month warranty.
- 304 Stainless Steel Body (polished inner and brushed outer)
- 30 L (8 US Gal) capacity (volume markings on inner body up to 25 L (7 US Gal)
- 30 W, 12 V heating power
- 3.8 cm (1.5″) ferrule on lid (for pressure transfer attachments)
- 5 cm (2″) ferrule on bottom of cone
- Dual Valve Tap with 110 mm (4.3”) inlet
Dimensions of Conical Fermenter:
Diameter with handles: 360 mm
Height (without airlock): 910 mm
Height with airlock: 1090 mm
Weight: 28.5 LB
Dimensions of Carton
368 mm W x 325 mm L x 905 mm H
This kit contains:
- The Grainfather – Conical Fermenter Digital Temperature Controller (x 1)
- The Grainfather – Conical Fermter unit (Fermenter only) (x 1)
- The Grainfather – Conical Fermenter Dual Valve Tap (x 1)
- As of this posting, Brewer Dude has this marked down a whopping $139 to $555.98 for Black Friday
- Since this is a MAP item (Minimum Advertised Price) I’m guessing this is a manufacturer authorized deal. Along those lines we’re seeing it at other retailers – example, at Wlliam’s Brewing
- Another 7% Back! As of this posting, Brewer Dude is offering the equivalent of about 7% back via their Rewards Program. Check their Promotions Page for a full description and current availability. This deal could potentially apply to lines that are typically not discounted. An important aspect of this program… “Points may not be eligible on all items. We will indicate on the items page if it’s not eligible, or we will plainly advertise the same in promotional materials.”
Update: This promo has expired or pricing, availability or description has changed – Check the supplier’s site or product page for current availability
Recent Deals! Last Fifty Finds
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate