Grainfather Conical Pro Edition via William’s BrewingMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
A full featured professional conical fermenter for home use. The Grainfather Conical Fermenter Pro Edition give the home brewer professional liquid jacketed fermentation control, the ability to purge yeast sediment, take yeast and beer samples, and transfer wort via its innovative dual function valve design.
DOUBLE WALLED: A stainless steel double walled skin is filled with a thick layer of polyurethane foam for insulation. This keeps the wort at a constant stable temperature with minimal influence from any external environmental temperature changes, providing insulation for your fermentation that a standard jacket cannot achieve.
INTEGRATED GENTLE HEAT: In the cavity of the fermenter between the outer body and cone sits a 30 Watt, 12V heating element. Unlike standard heating elements/sources that directly heat the liquid, this heat source is designed to heat the environment in between the walls of the fermenter, which in turn heats the liquid. It is similar to controlling the temperature in a temperature controlled room. The fermenter acts as an artificial environment which can be heated, meaning the temperature is raised in an even manner which is much better for the yeast than using a localized heating pad or belt heater.
BUILT IN COOLING SLEEVE: In between the two stainless steel walls sits a liquid cooling sleeve. This stainless sleeve is welded onto the inner wall of the fermenter and can be hooked up to the Glycol Chiller or water pump (not included). Temperature is dialed into the front panel Temperature Controller and as the cooling liquid travels through this sleeve, it cools the stainless steel which in turn evenly cools the beer in the fermenter. The cooling sleeve never comes into contact with the beer, it is completely concealed, built into the fermenter and never needs cleaning or sanitizing. Besides even heat, the beauty of this sleeve is that nothing protrudes into the fermenter, making cleaning and sanitizing much simpler than say with a submerged cooling coil. The cooling sleeve features ½” female thread inlets and outlets, so it is easy to connect cooling water with a simple threaded hose barb.
60° ANGLE CONICAL WALLS: The conical shape of the fermenter is typical for professional breweries. The Grainfather has been designed with the ‘Golden Angle’ of 60º. This is the optimum angle for yeast and sediment to drop down to the bottom of the cone without getting stuck to the sides, allowing you to transfer from above the sediment line, resulting in clearer beer.
DUAL TAP VALVE: Sampling and transferring is done through an inlet above the sediment line, allowing for clear, sediment free beer. Easily collect your yeast from below the sediment line with the lower port on the same valve.
DIGITAL CONTROL: The Temperature Controller allows you to accurately dial in a temperature and even set a temperature schedule/profile (you can set up to 4 profiles each with 5 stages). It can control the heating of the integrated heating element and the cooling if you get the optional Grainfather Conical Cooling Edition (see photo at right), turning on the heater or water pump as needed to maintain your preset temperature. The Grainfather Pro Edition Conical comes with a 2 year warranty from date of purchase. All liquid contact points are made of type 304 stainless. 8 US Gallon capacity (volume markings on inner body up to 7 US Gallons). 36” tall with airlock, 13” wide.
- Grainfather Discounts are rare. Why? This is a MAP item. MAP = Minimum Advertised Price. It’s an agreement between sellers and manufacturer’s not to sell an item below a certain price. Generally speaking, the Grainfather Gear is on MAP pricing and is not discounted.
- Periodic exceptions come around…
- This is marked down 20% to $555.98. That’s a 20% discount.
- Shipping is free or reasonably priced flat rate to addresses in the lower 48 states depending on your order size for most items.
- No coupon is required. Check William’s Brewing for current availability.
- Stacking Freebie: Get Free William’s Brewing “beardana”: Place an order with a subtotal of $50.00 or more and enter web coupon code beardana at checkout and you’ll get a free beardana. No need to add the beardana to your cart. Just put together an order of $50 or more and apply coupon code beardana at checkout and it will be automatically added to your cart.
Visit William’s Brewing – Web Only Clearance Sale