Tiaoyeer Brix Refractometer with ATC Digital Handheld Refractometer for Beer Wine Fruit Sugar, Dual Scale-Specific Gravity 1.000-1.130 and Brix 0-32% (Black)More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- ACCURATE READINGS : The Brix refractometer can measure brix between 0-32%±0.2% and Specific Gravity between 1.000-1.130, Brix Accuracy: +/-0.2%.
- ADVANCED AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION（ATC）TECHNOLOGY (10℃~30℃)： Adjust Automatically to Compensate for Temperature, Which makes it even easier to get fast results.
- SIMPLY USE: Using the dropper to take a sample of wort and put it on the prism. Then hold the refractometer up to the light and look scale through the eyepiece, more accurate to measure sugars in verities of melon, fruits or juice.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Tiaoyeer Brix Refractometer with ATC Digital Handheld Refractometer for Beer Wine Fruit Sugar, Dual Scale-Specific Gravity 1.000-1.130 and Brix 0-32% (Black) – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Recent Amazon Finds