WLP600 Kombucha SCOBY – White Labs Yeast from MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Brewers make the tea but SCOBY makes the booch! WLP600 Kombucha SCOBY, a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast that is used for fermenting sweet tea into kombucha. White Labs’ culture is free of food pathogens and has been genetically identified to know specially what yeast and bacteria are involved in the fermentation of kombucha. This SCOBY has medium acetic acid production and low alcohol production.
One SCOBY will make 1 to 5 gallons of kombucha, but the White Labs pouch only contains enough starter liquid for 1 gallon of kombucha. Typically, 1 to 2 cups of starter liquid is recommended per 1 gallon batch. Previously made kombucha or store bought unflavored, unfiltered kombucha will work as starter liquid.
With proper care and storage, you can reuse your cuture for multiple batches. For short term storage, a clean, food grade container placed somewhere out of direct sunlight and left undisturbed is suggested. If you will not be using your SCOBY for an extended period of time, place it in a clean, food grade container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Feeding (adding new tea) as needed to keep the SCOBY from drying out.
- Bacillus licheniformis (99%)
- Bacillus cereus (99%)**
- Bacillus pumillus/aerophilus/safensis/altitudinis (99%)*
- Acetobacter tropicalis (99%)
- Bacillus aerophilus (96%)
- Bacillus aryabhattai (98%)
- Gluconacetobacter saccharivorans (99%)
- Micrococcus sp. (98%)
- Gluconacetobacter rhaeticus (98%)
- Paenibacillus taichungensis (97%)
- Bacillus subtilis (99%)
- Brettanomyces bruxellensis (99%)
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae (92%)
- Zygosaccharomyces sp. (97%)
- Candida sp. (97%)
*Multiple organisms are listed as they are unable to be differentiated from its 16s ribosomal DNA sequence.
**This is a non-pathogenic species that is commonly found in probiotics.
- Check product page for price & availability.
- Get Free Shipping: This ships for free with a qualify order as part of MoreBeer’s Free Shipping Program. Under that promo most orders over $59 ship for free.
- Easy Filler Item…. If you’re looking for a filler item to help you qualify for free shipping, consider grabbing some PBW
Everything Kombucha at MoreBeer
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
Pinned: Black Friday Roundup! – Amazon Black Friday – Keg Rebuild
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds