Carbonation and Line Cleaning Ball Lock Cap – Plastic via MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
This plastic ball lock cap features soda bottle threads, allowing you to convert a 1 or 2 liter soda bottle into a convenient travel growler. The ball lock is compatible with both gas and beverage disconnects, so you can charge the PET bottle before you leave the house and dispense on the go. Attach 3/16″ or 1/4″ ID tubing to the barb to serve as your dip tube and you’re all set!
These caps also work great for quickly and conveniently cleaning your draft lines. Mix up a small batch of line cleaning solution in a soda bottle, attach the ball lock cap, and then connect it to your beverage line. Place a bucket below your tap to catch the cleaning solution and open your faucet. Then simply turn the bottle upside down and squeeze it to push solution through your line and out the faucet. You can also choose to pressurize the bottle first, but squeezing the solution through is just as effective.
Fermenting with the FermZilla? This is the same ball lock fitting included with the FermZilla Pressure Kit and it’s also compatible with the FermZilla Collection Container. If you use the collection container to add dry hops, attach one of these caps and you’ll be able purge the container of oxygen before opening the dump valve to introduce the hops. Attach some tubing and diffusion stone and you can oxygenate your wort through the collection container as well!
The barb is Duotight compatible. If you’d like to use the cap with 8 mm OD EVABarrier tubing, see DUO100.
For a stainless steel option see KG500.
- Liquid and Gas Ball Lock Compatible
- Overall Length – 2.5″
- Barb Length – 7/8″
- Barb OD – 1/4″
- Barb ID – 3/16″
- 28mm PCO 1881 Threads
What are these used for?
- PET Bottles as Growlers: These are generally intended to convert 1L and 2L bottles to growlers. Fill up a 1L or 2L PET bottle with your favorite homebrew. Put one of these on (purge the headspace by squeezing if you want to) and then pressurize for transport. This should help to reduce oxygen pickup and maintain carbonation levels.
- Fine tune or rapidly carbonate beer: You can also use this cap to rapidly carbonate beer. Same process as for transport, just set your regulator to the proper pressure and shake or agitate the PET bottle to help introduce CO2. Or hook it up to CO2 and let it sit in you kegerator.
- Flushing Carboys, Fermenters and Kegs – As a piece of tubing the barb, hook to your CO2 line and use this to flush receiving vessels wiht CO2 to reduce O2 pickup.
- Draft Line Cleaning Projects: I have developed two draft line cleaning projects using similar (but different) caps – Build A Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump | Mark II Keg and Carboy Cleaner Draft Line Cleaning Pump Conversion
A great deal!
- These are selling for $5.99.
- These have been sold out of quite a while. As of this posting, they’re available again. Check the product page to see if they’re still around.
- Get Free Shipping: These kits ship for free with a qualify order as part of MoreBeer’s Free Shipping Program. Under that promo most orders over $59 ship for free.
- Easy Filler Item…. If you’re looking for a filler item to help you qualify for free shipping, consider grabbing some PBW
- Review: Hands on Review: DuoTight Fittings & EVABarrier Tubing!
- How-To: Build a DuoTight CO2 Gas Manifold! – for Kegland EVABarrier Tubing
- Review: Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve!
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.