KUBEI USB Charging ScaleMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- 【UPGRADE DESIGN】: Upgrade charging method, charging, plug-in and battery three models, built-in polymer lithium battery, there are two ways of automatic and manual shutdown. 2AAA battery + charging cable (included)
- 【PORTABLE】: Small size, the size of the product is only 4 “x 5” x 0.75 “, which is convenient to carry, occupies small space during use, and is convenient for storage. Electronic scales can be used to weigh vegetables, fruits, baked ingredients, daily household and pet food. Comes with a double tray that can be replaced depending on the object
- 【VERSATILE】: KUBEI kitchen scales have the function of zero-key clearing and removing the weight of the container to get the exact weight of the object. In addition to the second, the function keys and multi-unit one-key conversion functions are counted.
- 【HIGH QUALITY】: The digital kitchen scale is made of stainless steel and is durable and easy to clean. The design of the four-corner anti-skid base makes the weighing stable.
What I like about this scale…
- I like that this has a relatively high resolution (.1 gram) with a larger 3 kg (about 6.6 lbs) capacity. Typically resolution goes down when capacity goes up. A lot of times reasonably priced .1 gram resolution scales seem to max out at 500 to 600 grams. 3 kg is a generous capacity consider this scale’s .1 gram resolution.
- A like that is features a stainless weighing platform.
- That it can be powered by both USB cable or battery and that it uses easy to source AAA batteries [Search AmazonBasics Batteries].
- Given the specs of this scale, it should work for weighing hops, smaller amounts of malt and other brewing ingredients.
KUBEI Upgraded USB Charging Small Kitchen Scale, 3kg/0.1g Mini Food Electronic Scale, High Accuracy Cooking Scale, Pocket Scale for LCD Display – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face