Looking for that perfect Father’s Day gift for the Homebrewer or Craft Beer Lover in your life or… for yourself. Here’s some of our favorite gear!
Need Help? Got a question or looking for a particular gift for your loved one? Email me and I’ll do my best to help.
Tapcooler Counter Pressure Bottle Filler! This allows you to easily counter-pressure fill bottles from your compatible forward sealing tap. This has been a hot commodity and has frequently sold out since it’s introduction. via Adventures in Homebrewing – via Great Fermentations – Hands on Review
A Homebrewing Book! Pictured: The New IPA: Scientific Guide to Hop Aroma and Flavor – also Best Sellers in Homebrewing, Distilling & Wine Making via AmazonThe BrewSSSiphon Stainless Steel Siphon – This is more expensive than easy-to-break plastic auto-siphons. Maybe more than some homebrewers would generally spend. Perfect gift material, in my opinion. A high quality, long lasting and beautifully designed piece of gear that would be a treat for any homebrew loving recipient. Check out our Hands on Review to learn more.Thermapen Mk4 by ThermoWorks – Hands on Review – Recommended For: All homebrewers, bbq-ers and home chefs – This latest iteration in beloved Thermapen series includes auto rotating display, backlight, uses (easy to find) AAA batteries and… waterproof. Add that to extremely quick response times and amazing accuracy and any homebrewer, bbq-er or home chef would love to have one of these. While you’re at it, hit us up for a coupon code and save some money.DuoTight Inline Regulators! – via William’s Brewing | via MoreBeer – This cheap and recently released (v2) little upgrade ads a big ole bunch of capability to your kegerator and more. Review of v1 – Use for portable serving – features v1BlowTie Spunding v2! – via William’s Brewing | via MoreBeer – The original BlowTie was awesome. See my Hands on Review of v1 here – Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve. This is the v2 assembly. The big difference between v1 and v2 is the v2 BlowTie has an integrated gauge. That’s a huge improvement.Growlers – Recommended features: Stainless Steel Construction and Vacuum Insulation. Consider the Stanley Classic Growler [See: Hands On Review – Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Growler], also available as a gift pack with stacking pints. Search Amazon for “stainless steel insulated growler” for more ideas.
DuoTight Fittings and EVABarrier Tubing! In my opinion, this great system is a game changer for kegerator owners.
- Hands on Review: DuoTight Fittings & EVABarrier Tubing!
- DuoTight Push In Fittings & EVABarrier Double Wall Draft Tubing at MoreBeer!
- Kegland DuoTight Fittings and Accessories! at William’s Brewing
Intertap Forward Stainless Steel Forward Sealing Faucets – Intertaps are awesome! Check out my Hands on Review of these great faucets. My review has loads of sources for Intertaps. Brooklyn BrewShop Beer Making Kits – Recommended For: Someone who has expressed a general interest in trying to brew beer. If they have considered giving homebrewing a try whilst walking around Bed, Bath and Beyond, give this kit a try. If you choose a beer making kit with ingredients + equipment, the recipient will get nearly everything they need to start brewing small all grain beer batches at a (generally) very reasonable price. A variety of options are available.A Starter Kit! Pictured: Deluxe Homebrew Starter Kit from MoreBeer – Recommended For: Someone you know wants to start brewing. They have brewed with a friend or are otherwise sold on it. This kit is one of the most complete on the market. It gets you nearly everything you need to start homebrewing including a kettle and ingredients. Just save up some pry off bottles and you’re off and homebrewing. Check out MoreBeer’s complete lineup of Home Brewery Starter KitsBrewBucket Stainless Steel Fermenter – Recommended For: A committed homebrewer that’s looking to move beyond buckets to a stainless conical style fermenter at a reasonable price. These are awesome fermenters! Check out our Hands on ReviewSpeidel Fermenters – Recommended For: All homebrewers. Ranging from 3.2 gallons all the way up to 132 gallons, these quality fermenters are packed with features and reasonably priced. See: Hands On Review – Speidel FermentersFor the Practical Homebrewer! For the practical gift recipient! PBW and/or Star San – Recommended For: The person who wants socks for a gift. If your gift recipient is no nonsense and practical, this one’s for you. First… check to see if they use PBW Star San in the first place. If you notice a container lying around and they are a socks-for-a-gift person… bam. For PBW, get a least the 4 lb size or the 8 lb size if your budget allows. Avoid the 1 lb size. Generally speaking, that size isn’t a good value. Related: Compare Prices: Five Star PBW Homebrew Cleanser + Tips & Buying Guidance!Craftsman Wrench Bottle Opener – Recommended For: Any person. This is tool quality bottle opener with a lifetime warranty.
24″ Stainless Whisk – Recommended For: Any homebrewer that is making at least 5 gallon batches of beer. See: Hands On – 24″ Stainless Steel Whisk – Extract, All Grain and Whirlpooling
If the homebrewer in your life doesn’t walk around with one of these on brew day (and they make at least 5 gallons of beer at a time) I think they should. This upgrade has made a lot of difference for me. Check out my Hands on ReviewPersonalized Tap Handles, Labels, Coasters or Signs from GrogTag – Recommended For: Any homebrewer or craft beer lover. Homebrewer’s should like personalized labels, coasters and signs. Craft beer lovers would enjoy personalized metal signs and customized coasters. Save some cash… Hit up our coupon page to grab a current discount code for GrogTag.
Yeast! Lallemand New England East Coast American Ale Yeast – This is the much anticipated dry version of the Conan strain. Label Peelers ships this for free to addresses in the contiguous US regardless of order size. A great stocking stuffer! Store in your refrigerator until you give this gift. Also: Yeast at William’s BrewingHops! What homebrewer doesn’t want hops? Hops @ Adventures in Homebrewing, MoreBeer, William’s Brewing – MoreBeer’s Hop Market is a good place to start when you’re hop shopping. When it’s open, it features rotating deep discounts on hops.Brew Day Box! “The Gift Basket of Homebrewing” – A complete Brew Day Box – Recommended For: All home brewers. For those of you that want to put a little more work into a gift. Consider putting together a complete assortment of tools to make your gift-givers brew day a little smoother.Stuff to Build a Spunding Valve – Recommended For: The DIY-er that kegs or ferments in kegs. Our Spunding Valve Build Post is one of our most popular posts of all times. When completed, this device is extremely versatile and helps with a number of tasks. You may earn some serious street cred when you give your handy homebrewer a box full of fittings.Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer – Recommended For: Any homebrewer that wants to save time and frustration. This is one of my favorite pieces of homebrewing gear. I highly recommend it. Check out my Hands on Review. Cereal Killer Grain Mill – Recommended For: The all grain homebrewer that’s not yet milling their own grain. We regularly hear good things about this mill from it’s users. Why you ask? See: Should You Buy a Homebrew Grain Mill? and Hands on Review – Cereal Killer Grain MillInkbird WiFi Temp Controller! This is a Wi-Fi version of Inkbird’s very popular ITC-308. Dual Stage Digital Temperature Controller – Recommended For: Those who are putting together a temperature controlled fermentation chamber OR a kegerator. See: Hands On Review – Inkbird ITC-308 Dual Stage Temperature Controller – includes sections on both the original ITC-308 and the new Wi-Fi version.Pliny the Elder Recipe Kit! Brew one of the most popular beers in America using a recipe from the creator. Available in extract and all grain versions. Extract is a safe bet, check with your intended recipient before picking up the more advanced all grain version. Related: MoreBeer’s Most popular extract kits and MoreBeer’s Most popular all grain kitsKegs, kegs and more kegs! Pictured: Brand New 5 Gallon Ball Lock from Adventures in Homebrew + Check out our Recent Keg Finds – Recommended For: Kegging homebrewers that are short on kegs. Pay special attention to whether they are looking for “ball lock” or “pin lock” style kegs. Many homebrewers use one type or the other.Stainless Steel Dry Hopper Filter – Recommended For: Kegging homebrewers. These allow you to add hops directly to kegged beer.Cannular Bench Top Can Seamer! Recommended For: Homebrewers that want to take their packaging to the next level. Never before has a small batch homebrew scale canner been so accessible or affordable. If the homebrewer in your life has has been dreaming of canning their homebrew, gift giving time is a great time to splurge on this setup. Check out our Hands on Review!Gift Certificates and Cards – Recommended For: A homebrewer, prospective homebrewer or craft beer lover.
Homebrew Gift Cards + Some Electronically Delivered Options
- Amazon Cards – eGift, Print and Home and Physical Mailed Options available – Many homebrewing and craft beer related items are available here. See: Recently Featured Amazon items
- MoreBeer – also an instant email option available
- Adventures in Homebrewing – physical gift card ships for free to contiguous US – electronic option also available
- Brew Hardware – choose print or email delivery – read description for instructions
- Brewer Dude – physical gift card ships for free to contiguous US – electronic option also available
- Great Fermentations – physical and electronic options available
- GrogTag – loads of customizable items for homebrewers, craft beer lovers and home bar owners – grab a current coupon
- High Gravity Fermentation Supplies
- Home Brew Supply – You can upload your own image. This generates a PDF gift card that is emailed directly to you or to the gift recipient
- Keg Connection
- Thermoworks – makers of the coveted Thermapen Mk4 thermometer
- William’s Brewing
In some cases, both physical and electronic gift cards are available. Make sure to choose electronic versions if you’re in a hurry.
Last Minute Homebrew and Beer Related Father’s Day Gifts
Electronically Delivered Homebrew Gift Certificates
See Above ^
Order and Get Quickly or Order and Print
- Prime Items. If you’re not an Amazon Prime Member they offer a free 30 day trial. Among other benefits, Prime membership gets you expedited shipping on eligible items. Depending on when you’re reading this and when you need the gift, there may still be time. Also, overnight shipping is sometimes available as an additional fee. See: Recently Featured Amazon items. Look on each product page for Prime eligibility. See shipping options at checkout.
- Thermapen Mk4 – Check Thermoworks Shipping Page for shipping options and delivery dates. If it’s too late to receive this – order and print out a copy of the product page to wrap
- Brew Your Own Magazine – Nobody expects to immediately receive a magazine subscription at the time of gifting. Do they? Order this magazine and print out the order confirmation.
- American Homebrewer’s Association Membership – AHA Membership + Zymurgy Magazine + More Benefits. This is going to have to fall under the magazine rule of thumb. See if we have a deal going on for AHA membership – American Homebrewers Association [AHA] Membership Deals, Discounts, Coupons and Promotions
Electronically Delivered Items
- Brewer’s Friend Premium 1 Year Gift Subscription – This is a great gift because brewers of every level can benefit from it. From new extract brewers to all grain brewers to aspiring professional brewers. It helps formulate and track recipes and brew days and includes a slew of utilities. It’s also safe because the code works for new memberships and renewals for existing subscribers. Note: You can put your own email if you’re wanting to surprise someone. Just print out the code to give as a gift. Or, you can email directly to the recipient.
- Gifted Kindle Titles – Many Homebrew, Craft Beer and Wine Titles are available for instant delivery.
- Gifted Kindle Unlimited Subscription – Kindle Unlimited, allows you or the intended recipient to read over 1 million books including some homebrewing and craft beer titles. Search Kindle Unlimited Selection – homebrew, craft beer
- Gift Amazon Prime Membership
- Gift Audible Membership – homebrew, craft beer, wine and winemaking titles are available on Audible
- Udemy Courses: Online learning provider udemy has several brewing related courses available. including “Brew Real Beer”, “Beer Making 101”, “Beer and Cellar Management” and a course on small space brewing. Most courses offer lifetime access, allow you to take a course preview and have a gifting option – Search Beer – Also: Wine – Biology – Chemistry
Small Gifts for Homebrewers and Beer Lovers!
- Pictured: Leatherman – Micra, Keychain Size Multitool, Stainless Steel – 10 tools including bottle opener
- Nite Ize Stainless Steel DoohicKey Multi-Tool
- Spyderco ClipiTool – stainless steel opener, screwdriver and pocket knife
- Nite Ize SBO-03-11 S-Biner Ahhh Carabiner Clip Bottle Opener
- Used Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Staves – used whiskey barrels are hugely popular with homebrewers. They’re also expensive and hard to find in stock. These staves are a bargain and would make a very cool stocking stuffer and give you mad street cred with the homebrewer in your life. Plan on putting this in a bag, if you’re going to put them in a stocking.
- Yeast! – keep cold until gift giving time
- Hops! What homebrewer doesn’t want hops? Hops @ Adventures in Homebrewing, MoreBeer, William’s Brewing – MoreBeer’s Hop Market is a good place to start when you’re hop shopping. When it’s open, it features rotating deep discounts on hops.
- A favorite craft beer
- Faucet Plugs – for kegerator owners
Other Gift Guides
We think our guide is awesome – maybe the best out there?? :), but some there are some others. Take a gander and see if you find anything you like…
- Amazon Gift Ideas in Home Brewing & Wine Making
- MoreBeer! Gifts for the Home Brewer
- Beer Gift Ideas at Adventures in Homebrewing
- William’s Brewing Gifts & More
- ThermoWorks Gift Guide
- High Gravity Fermentation Supplies Gifts
- Brew Hardware Gift Ideas
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!