OYL091 Hornindal Kveik – Omega Yeast from MoreBeer
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Omega brings us yet another remarkably unique Norwegian kveik. Hailing from the Terje Raftevold farmstead, Hornindal hits your beer with an intense, tropical flavor along with an aroma of fresh pineapple, mango and tangerine. Needless to say, it pairs perfectly with fruit-forward hops. Don’t be shy about taking this yeast to the upper end of its temperature range to intensify the aroma and fermentation speed. Although Hornindal Kviek is highly flocculent, it will impart a slight haze to the finished beer.
Kveik refers to traditional Norwegian farmhouse brewing yeast that has been passed down from one generation to the next, literally being harvested and repitched for centuries. Over this long period of time, kveik developed certain characteristics that distinguish it from modern brewer’s yeast. In general, kveik has a very high heat tolerance and will produce a consistent flavor profile across the fermentation temperature range. It’s also a fast fermenter, highly flocculent, and has an above average alcohol tolerance.
Alocohol Tolerance: 12% ABV
Optimum Fermentation Temp: 70-95°F
Cell Count: 150 Billion
- Check product page for price & availability.
- Get Free Shipping: This ships for free with a qualify order as part of MoreBeer’s Free Shipping Program. Under that promo most orders over $59 ship for free.
- Easy Filler Item…. If you’re looking for a filler item to help you qualify for free shipping, consider grabbing some PBW
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds