Part of Our Homebrew Tips and Tricks Series. Check out the complete list – Homebrewing Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts!
- Soaking your bottles in hot PBW is not a new technique. It works well and I would venture a guess that a lot of homebrewers do this.
- Here’s the tip… If you have a label or bits of adhesive that are being stubborn, Put a little bit of PBW right on a label or adhesive that’s giving you problems and scrub. The grittiness of the PBW combined with it’s full strength application generally dissolves the label and adhesive in short order.
- PBW can be rough on your hands when diluted. That’s even more true when it’s undiluted. I recommend using protective gloves when dealing with PBW.
- Search Amazon for “elbow length cleaning gloves”
- Search Amazon for “PBW Cleaner”
- Search Amazon for “scrub pads”
- Search MoreBeer for “PBW”
- Related Categories: Bottling, Cleaning
My PBW Quick Pick!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. rp:tips#24