Part of Our Homebrew Tips and Tricks Series. Check out the complete list – Homebrewing Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts!
- According to the United States Mint a Nickel weighs 5 grams.
- That makes a cheap and easy calibration weight to calibrate or check the honesty of your gram scale – Details
- Note: for scales that can be calibrated, you may need a specific weight. If it’s a smaller amount, you can use multiple US Nickels. “Checking the honesty” of your scale can be done with any scale. A US Nickel should weigh 5 grams on your gram scale.
- Search Amazon for “digital gram scale”
- Search Amazon for “calibration weight set”
- Related Tip: Use Two Scales if You’re an All Grain Brewer
- Related Resource Page: Homebrew Scale Deals, Discounts and Coupons & Reviews
- Related Categories: Scales
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.