Part of Our Homebrew Tips and Tricks Series. Check out the complete list – Homebrewing Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts!
- My rule of thumb for unmiled malt storage is… 5 lbs per gallon or 1.25 lbs per quart.
- That’s a rough estimate, actual storage capacity will vary.
- Search Amazon for “airtight pet food storage” – look containers made from food safe materials
- Top Post: Storage Options – Base Grain, Specialty Grain and DME
- Related Review: Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale
- Related Resource Post: All Grain Tips & Gear
- Related Categories: Storage, Containers, Grain Storage
Get a Deal on Grain!
Storage Options Resource Post!
Vittles Vault Review!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. rp:tips#25