Pictured: 60 lb Stackable Vittles Vault via Amazon
Part of Our Homebrew Tips and Tricks Series. Check out the complete list – Homebrewing Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts!
- My rule of thumb for unmiled malt storage is… 5 lbs per gallon or 1.25 lbs per quart.
- That’s a rough estimate, actual storage capacity will vary.
- Search Amazon for “airtight pet food storage” – look containers made from food safe materials
- Top Post: Storage Options – Base Grain, Specialty Grain and DME
- Related Review: Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale
- Related Resource Post: All Grain Tips & Gear
- Related Categories: Storage, Containers, Grain Storage
Get a Deal on Bulk Malt via MoreBeer: Viking 2-Row Pale Malt, Viking Xtra Pale Malt, Viking Wheat Malt – and Viking Pilsner Malt – all sell for $10.99/10 lbs, unmilled. 5 x $10.99 = $54.95 for 50 lbs of grain. To sweeten the deal shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order. Check product links for current price & availability.
Pinned: Black Friday Roundup! – Amazon Black Friday – Keg Rebuild
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.