Part of Our Homebrew Tips and Tricks Series. Check out the complete list – Homebrewing Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts!
- It may seem counter-intuitive, but Dry Malt Extract (DME) dissolves more easily, with minimal clumping, in cool water.
- DME at MoreBeer
- DME at Adventures in Homebrewing
- Search “Dry Malt Extract” at Amazon
- Credit for this technique goes to John Palmer. Learn more about John via his Author Page at Amazon
- Related Categories: Malt Extract, Extract Brewing, Yeast Starters
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.