Foam on Beer Detector (FOB) from MoreBeer!
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Foam on Beer Detectors, or FOBs, are commonly used in commercial draft systems as a way to eliminate product waste and increase profits. When a keg completely empties and foam passes into the FOB it will shut off flow and in doing so keep the draft line completely full of beer until a new keg is tapped. This means you can hook a fresh keg and continue pouring without foaming issues, preventing you from wasting beer that is otherwise needed to refill the line and purge the system.
The FOB can also be used in homebrewing applications as a convenient way to purge kegs of oxygen. Check out video below where our friend Kee repurposes the FOB to move sanitizer from one keg to another and purge the keg of oxygen in the process.
Comes with 3/8″ Duotight compatible barbs at the inlet and outlet, allowing you to easily hook up EVABarrier tubing with either a 9.5 mm joiner or 9.5 mm to 8 mm reducer (DUO113 / DUO105). If not using EVABarrier, simply clamp the line directly onto the barb.
Setup and Use:
- Attach beverage line from outlet of keg coupler to straight inlet of FOB.
- Attach beverage line from elbow outlet of FOB to faucet shank.
- Connect fresh keg and push down purge button until the chamber fills with beer.
- Push bottom knob in to lift float then pull out for normal operation.
- Review: Hands on Review: DuoTight Fittings & EVABarrier Tubing!
- How-To: Build a DuoTight CO2 Gas Manifold! – for Kegland EVABarrier Tubing
- Review: Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve!
- DuoTight Push In Fittings & EVABarrier Double Wall Draft Tubing at MoreBeer
- Search MoreBeer for “DuoTight” – to find components and accessories that may not show up on category pages.
- Kegland DuoTight Fittings and Accessories at William’s Brewing
- Search William’s Brewing for “DuoTight” – to find components and accessories that may not show up on category pages.
Our Top Draft Resources