Icemaster 100 Glycol Chiller with Stainless Bulkheads via MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The Icemaster is designed to cool fermentations in small vessels. It can be used with any vessel that has a glycol jacket or submersed cooling coil/rod. For each vessel you want to cool you will need to buy one of our Glycol Pump Kits. Each tank is able to be separately temperature controlled. Each Glycol Pump Kit includes a submersible pump that is placed in the cool bath of this chiller along with a digital controller. The digital controller includes a thermal probe that should be inserted into a thermal well in your vessel or can be taped to the outside of the vessel if you don’t have a thermal well. The digital controller then measures the temperature of your tank and turns the submersible pump on or off to cool to your desired set temperature. Up to four tanks can be controlled separately with one Icemaster and four Glycol Pump Kits (GLY355).
The Icemaster can be used with any fermenter that has a built in cooling jacket or a submersed cooling coil. It works well as the cooling source for the following sytems and fermenters.
- Ss Brewtech Fermenters and Brites with optional FTS Temperature Control Systems: Because FTS systems include a pump and controller you will not need to buy a separate Glycol Pump Kit.
- Spike Conical with Optional Cooling Package – Because the optional Spike cooling system includes a pump and controller you will not need to buy a separate Glycol Pump Kit.
- Speidel Tanks with Optional Cooling Jackets – You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for each tank.
- Grainfather Fermenters – Grainfather fermenters have standard cooling jackets. You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for eash fermenter
- Blichmann Fermenators with Optional Cooling Coil – You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for each Fermenator.
It is always difficult to determine exactly how many tanks can be chilled at one time as it depends on what is happening in each tank, if the tank is insulated, and what the ambient temperature is. Cold crashing always requires the most energy and requires tank insulation. We have experimented with capacities and can provide this general guide based on a 75 degree ambient and neoprene insulation. Neoprene does not provide much in the way insulation so you would obtain better results using Armaflex or a higher R rating insulation. If only controlling fermentation temps the capacity would be higher. Four Glycol Pump Kits (GLY355) is the maximum that will fit in the Icemaster. We are working on smaller glycol pump kits, where the pumps have smaller footprints, so the Icemaster right now has the capacity to use 5 pumps through the bulkhead fittings.
Cold Crashing capacity at 75F with neoprene insulation (double for fermentation temperature control):
2 – 1BBL (31 Gallon) Tank with neo
3 to 4 – 1/2BBL (15-20 Gallon) Tanks
4+ – 10-14 Gallon Tanks
4+ – 5-7 Gallon Tanks
- As of this posting, MoreBeer has this for $749.99.
- ANOTHER 10% Off! For a short time, MoreBeer is taking 10% off nearly everything as part of a sitewide sale
- Use coupon code SUPERSALE and you’ll save $50
- Full Sale Details: 10% Off MoreBeer! – remember coupon code SUPERSALE
- Get Free Shipping: Shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order to many US addresses.
- Learn More – Hands on Review: Icemaster 100 Glycol Chiller with Stainless Bulkheads
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
MORE MoreBeer Deals!…