A Spunding Valve allows you to maintain a set pressure. If pressure in the vessel exceeds the set point, it is expelled. It generally consists of an adjustable PRV valve, a tee, a gauge and a way to connect to your keg. Read lots and lots more about Spunding Valves, ways to use them and different build options on our Spunding Valve Resource Post
Most of our builds consist of a PRV Valve + tee + gauge + connection option. Generally four parts in total. The build detailed in this post utilizes Primefit’s CR1401G Replacement Air Regulator. That one piece replaces the tee and gauge.
The components I used for this build. See below for parts list.A look at the Primefit CR1401G Replacement Air Regulator with steel-Protected Gauge, 1/4″ NptThe completed assemblyBottom view of the completed assemblyA top down look at the assembly. For a Spunding Valve application the red pressure knob clearly visible here is not particularly helpful. The PRV is doing the heavy lifting. I set this to full flow.Another version utilizing the a BlowTie PRV valve.
Primefit CR1401G Build – Spunding Valve Parts List
Product pages may display other size variations of the fittings used here. If a particular size is out of stock, sometimes suppliers link to another size. All thread sizes for this build, both NPT and barbs, are 1/4″.
- Primefit CR1401G Replacement Air Regulator with steel-Protected Gauge, 1/4″ Npt – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
- Control Devices CR Series Brass Pressure Relief Valve, 0-100 psi Adjustable Pressure Range, 1/4″ Male NPT – OR – See Below for BlowTie Option
- Dixon Valve TTB75 PTFE Industrial Sealant Tape, -212 to 500 Degree F Temperature Range, 3.5mil Thick, 520″ Length, 3/4″ Width, White – or similar
- Your Choice of Keg Fitting Option – See Spunding Valve Resource Post for lots of choices
BlowTie PRV Option
This option requires a BlowTie Diaphragm Valve + a small piece of 8 mm” ID EVABarrier Tubing + a Duotight 8mm ¼” NPT Adapter
- BlowTie: BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve FE960 – via MoreBeer + Complete Lineup,
- BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve – via William’s Brewing + Complete Lineup
Homebrew Finds is Spunding Central! Check our related resources and more detailed builds
- Build a Spunding Valve! – How and Why
- Spunding Valve Build: “Cheapest Option”
- Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve!
- Using a Keg as a CO2 Source for Portable Serving!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.