Etekcity Lasergrip 800 IR Thermometer by Etekcity
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- BETTER ACCURACY: The Distance to Spot Ratio is 16:1, meaning the Lasergrip 800 can accurately measure targets at larger measurement area with the same distance compared with other thermometers with DSR 12:1 or 8:1
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉~1382℉ / -50℃ ~ 750℃, you can choose the unit from ℉ / ℃; A built in Laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, it also has an Auto-Off function to extend the battery life and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared Technology makes this thermometer handy to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it when you are cooking and barbequing, performing auto maintenance, doing home repairs, and a host of other tasks
- NOTE: For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36cm); Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct; FDA, FCC, CE approved; Class 2 laser, optical power 0.5-0.9mW; 2-Year Warranty by Etekcity
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
More: Recent Amazon Finds
Going on Now: Amazon Prime Day!